We don't receive emails from sysaid anymore

• 13 October 2015
  • 12 replies

• Community Enthusiast
  • 13 replies
Hello, since like 5 days we aren't receiving emails while we're making a SR .

My IT colleague did a test email which we actually received but when we create a SR we aren't receiving any emails,

We can receive regular emails on our email acocunts so there is no problem with our exchange server or settings inside outlook or the webmail.

i've checked the settings in our helpdesk and made sure there is a mark(check icon) before
the setting where you can enable sending mails to Administrators.

Everything what needs to be marked on is marked.

I've looked in the logs and found no smtp issue there

Anyway to solve this issue?

Best Regards

Kdwyer 2 years ago

This is an easy fix.

Under "User Management Settings" as an admin go to the "General category". Under "Request User" make sure all check boxes are checked. Under "Status changes to" make sure you have "New, Open, Closed, Hold, and Deleted" are selected.

Then make sure "Send notifications to the Submit User for the service record" is checked.

Perform a test by creating a new service ticket as a regular test user. You should now be getting emails to that users email inbox.

Hope this helps someone as it did for me.
View original

12 replies

Hi IRoes,

I have the very same problem. IT just stopped without warning and cant seem to find an obvious answer.
If anyone does have a solution to this problem, please post a reply as this has to be working before I can launch the help desk to the company.

Thanks
same it worked before aswell for us, i just hope we can find a solution for it.

If i find any solution on my own i will let you know CCWALES 🙂
Hey guys,

Does the problem only exist with email notifications to administrators, or also to end-users? Are you able to generally send email messages through SysAid?

Additionally, please make sure the email integration configuration settings are correct, despite not having errors in log.

Please let me know of the results.

Additionally, IRoes - can you please PM me your SysAid account name (can be found under personal menu > About)?

Cheers,
Danny
Hello Danny,

We created a test end user account, and when we create a ticket for him it seems to work fine, but once we create an ticket with our administrator account(s) and assign ourselves to the ticket we don't receive an email, while sending an email to the administrator is enabled and seems like the email settings are right because otherwise we wouldn't receive an email from sysaid using the test end user account
Hi,

Can you confirm the following options enabled under Settings > Service Desk > General:
-Notify assigned administrator when a Service Record changes.
-Email the responsible administrator when a Service Record changes.
-Notifications will be sent for all new Service Records with Priority >= Low / Notify Admins assigned to the Service Record.

If so, please go to Settings > Customize > Notifications > Email body/subject to Administrator regarding a Service Record (two selections), and check the contents of the notification are correct, and if possible, back them up and return them to default and save, then test if the issue recurs.

Cheers,
Danny
It's solved, thank you kindly for the response.

Best Regards

iris
Hi Both,

Inbound email to the helpdesk@ is fine. Ill allocate the ticket and prioritize as you would expect, but nothing is sent to end user.
We ideally want a notification email to be sent out when the initial inbound email from the user is sent in. Then, once allocated to the respective admin, then a change of ownership email to advise the end user that 'Admin B' is now looking after the ticket and not 'Admin A'.#

That's what I'm trying to achieve.

would a snapshot of my email config be of any use for anyone to take a look?

Thanks

DAVE
Was in the middle of typing this over a prolonged period and didnt see the additional responses.
Ill check mine now.

thanks

DAVE
We are not getting any SysAid email notifications either. Admin and user emails have stopped. I have checked the email settings listed above but still not working.
Elizabeth
We are not getting any SysAid email notifications either. Admin and user emails have stopped. I have checked the email settings listed above but still not working.
Are you able to send messages to users/admins through tickets in the system? Please try this. If it fails - please check your email integration settings and correct where necessary.

Cheers,
Danny
I contacted support and got our email working again. We have recently updated our servers including Exchange and added an SSL certificate. I need to make several changes that I will list in case it is useful to someone else here. In our email integration Outgoing email, I had to change the SMTP host name to "localhost" and set the type of connection to SSL and remove the user/password we had. In the incoming emails we changed to an OWA protocol, our OWA server URL, enter domain\user and pass. Thankful that it is all working now.
This is an easy fix.

Under "User Management Settings" as an admin go to the "General category". Under "Request User" make sure all check boxes are checked. Under "Status changes to" make sure you have "New, Open, Closed, Hold, and Deleted" are selected.

Then make sure "Send notifications to the Submit User for the service record" is checked.

Perform a test by creating a new service ticket as a regular test user. You should now be getting emails to that users email inbox.

Hope this helps someone as it did for me.