Deploy Agent with no Shortcut

Badge +1
Hello,

Is there any way to deploy the agent and NOT have the shortcut show on the Desktop.

I know I can turn off the hotkey but I also need to turn off any and all ticket submitting, So I only want the agent to collect data (hardware and software and user login,.. ) and maybe use it to do remote desktop.

Thanks ....

14 replies

Hi Jim,

Before deploying agents through Settings > Network Discovery > Deploy Agents, you can click on Agent Settings, and setting the Hotkey to None, as well as unchecking "Install Submit Service Record Shortcut" in the same window, then clicking Save.

Let me know if this works.

Cheers,
Danny
Badge +1
Danny,

thanks for the reply

I did do that but it still added the shortcut to the desktop attached is a screen shot of the options used for the deploy.
Interesting, as this worked in my testing environment. Can you tell us which version of SysAid you're using and whether it's Cloud or On-Premise? We'll try to reproduce this.

Thanks,
Danny
Badge +1
On premise ver v15.4.15 b2
Hey Jim,

Just tested this version in another test environment, appears to work as expected. Can you try again uninstalling the agent from a machine, deleting the shortcut if one is present on the desktop, then trying to deploy again using the settings described in this thread? Make sure there are no other scheduled deployment tasks running, etc :)

Thanks,
Danny
Badge +1
Danny,

Will do, thank you for checking in to this for me.
Is it possible to deploy without that shortcut using msi?
No, it is not possible. However, you can disable the F11 hotkey by following the instructions here, and setting SUBMITSRSHORTCUT = "N".

Cheers,
Danny
I edited the msi directly, then set the SUBMITSRSHORTCUT to N and installed the msi. It created the sysaid shortcut named N and it opens by pressing F11...
Whoops, sorry my bad 🙂 Had a temporary brain fart.

I believe setting HOTKEY = "0" should work. If not, try "none".

Cheers,
Danny
Now it works with hotkey 0. Thanks.
Works with msi/gpo parameter FORMATHOTKEY "0"
If 0, then HotKey=0 key
if "0", then HotKey=None
Hello,

What would be the number to use CTLR + F1 please ? I'm trying to find this information in the documentation and can't seem to find it.

Thanks
Userlevel 5
Badge
Hi MartySFM,

Once you are using SysAid agents and you wish to generate hotkey the defualt button defined is F11.
However if you want to use a combination or a specific key that is not the default you need to look for the key code that is related to this specific key, please follow the below guide:
Step 1a - find out the keycode for the key you desire:
visit this website: https://keycode.info
And simply click on the key that you wish , for example, in my case I clicked on F11 and is repsented by the number 122.
Step 1b - determining value of hotkey when you want to define a combination of several keys:
When defining a combination as your hotkey you will need to retrieve the values of all keys and sum them up. for example:
If we wish to choose CTRL+F11 then:
F1 = 112
CTRL = 512
You will add 512+112 and the hotkey value will be 634

Step 2 - configure new hotkey to agent
The code is been added on the agent in:
C:\Program Files\SysAid\Configuration\AgentConfigurationFile

<property Name="ShortcutKeyValue" value="624" Enable="1" />

Step 3 - Restart the agent service using services.msc .

Let us know how it goes!
Cheers,
Maayan

MartySFM
Hello,

What would be the number to use CTLR + F1 please ? I'm trying to find this information in the documentation and can't seem to find it.

Thanks