Solved

How do I get the SysAid Agent updated on our endpoints?

• 8 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

Our company utilizes SysAid Cloud.  There is an onprem assisting server from which RDS runs and SysAid Agent is pushed out.  It has been installing version 23.2.30.54 on new computers without any prior installation.  The other 240 computers are running the same version 20.3.30.64 , that they have been running for the last 2  ½ years.  How do I get the old agent replaced with the new agent on these endpoints.  The assisting server has the new version.

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 5 July 2023, 11:02

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @John the App Helper

If the assets communicate with the Cloud, you can create an “Upgrade Agent Version” task, which you can do by going to Settings> Network Discovery > Upgrade Agent Version.

You can read more on how to get it done here> https://documentation.sysaid.com/docs/upgrade-agents-version?highlight=upgrade%20agent%20version

If, however, the assets do not communicate with the Cloud, then you’ll need to redeploy them. In order to do that, you’ll have to create a task to undeploy and then redeploy. This can be done by going to Settings > Network Discovery > Agent Deployment Plan. 

You can read more on how to get it done here> https://documentation.sysaid.com/docs/agent-deployment-plan-form?highlight=Agent%20Deployment%20Plan

Please let us know if you still need our help :)

Badge

We have SysAid Cloud, but we also have a SysAid app that runs on a utility server to facilitate communication with the cloud.  It is my understanding that the RDS services reach out to the endpoints on the single domain from the utility server.  For Agent Deployment, because it can only handle 34 ip scans and deployment sequentially before the process dies, and because we have 7 subnets, I had to create 5 discovery plans for each subnet 5 years ago when we initially deployed.  How can I easily tweak this to tell it to replace the old 20.3.30.64 version with the 23.2.30.54 version.  “Clean” endpoints with no SysAid agent receive that from this process, so it is maintained up-to-date on the utility server. SysAid support stated that is what was planned, auto update of that server.  However, it is not replacing the old version on the actual endpoints.

hi @John the App Helper 👋
You need to automatically upgrade your RDS.

And after that do what @SysAid Team recommended above: If the assets communicate with the Cloud, you can create an “Upgrade Agent Version” task, which you can do by going to Settings> Network Discovery > Upgrade Agent Version. If they don’t communicate, redeploy the old agents once from the network discovery or MSI. And the next time they will be new version, the agents will be upgraded using upgrade agent version feature.