Question

Need help with SysAid On-Prem AWS SMS integration - I'm 95% there, but I'm missing something.

• 18 January 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

Please help. I need help configuring SysAid On Prem (ver 22.1.65).

I need to configure SMS texting using AWS SNS service.  Note, I’ve successfully sent verification text from AWS SNS configuration page to my cell phones (2 different phones).  I have AWS account, SNS is configured in Sandbox, I have setup access and secret keys, etc.  The dialog below, if set to Amazon Web Services SNS, does not permit me to change the Mobile Originated, Gateway ID, User Name, Password or SMS Protocol fields. The Sender ID is optional and not supported in the US (as I understand it). However, I did try it with a Sender ID that I setup in AWS.

I feel as if SysAid isn’t working correctly.  See screenshot below:

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @kdstokes7!
Check out our guide as I see not all the fields are populated.

Also here are the steps specifically to create the credentials for Amazon SNS:
Login to Amazon SNS> Services > IAM > Add User > choose name (suggested: sysiad_sms) > check box: Programmatic access > next

> Attach Existing Policy Directly > Create Policy > add JSON

{
"Version": "2012-10-17",
"Statement": [
{
"Sid": "VisualEditor0",
"Effect": "Allow",
"Action": [
"sns:ListPhoneNumbersOptedOut",
"sns:Publish",
"sns:SetSMSAttributes",
"sns:GetSMSAttributes",
"sns:CheckIfPhoneNumberIsOptedOut"
],
"Resource": "*"
}
]
}

Review Policy > Name + Description > Create policy 

Go back to the add user page > refresh > choose the new policy created > next > next > Create user

Copy the Access Key and Secret key and keep them someplace.  You can also click “Download .csv” to download a file with both keys.
Got your SysAid Settings > Integration > Text Message > Choose provider > Sender ID is free text > populate Access key and Secret key as created above >enter your region (e.g. us-east-1)
>>Click Save 

Let us know if this helped!
​​​​​