New Server/New Install w/ existing database

• 14 February 2016
  • 7 replies

I'm trying to upgrade my current version of SysAid but I'm running into a issue with the initial login. Since my current instance resides on a Windows Server 2003 virtual machine I downloaded and installed SysAidServer64.exe on Windows Server 2008 R2.

I then run the customized installation and connect to my existing SysAid database which is on a SQL 2008 R2 server and it test successfully.

I then created a initial user/password but when I go to log in it tells me the details are incorrect. Using the password reset utility the user I created does not exist (the only one that exist is the trial user and my enterprise account user).

What are the steps to install a new version of the application using an existing database. Also how do I download my activation.xml for my purchased version?

7 replies

Hi tbuckingham,

I understand your issue has already been answered in our helpdesk by one of our support representatives, but I'll post the general information on moving SysAid to a new server here, for any other customers looking for this information:

Edit: The guide is outdated, please contact our customer support team for further assistance.

Cheers,
Danny
Danny, is there an updated procedure for this that can be shared by any chance?

Hi Chris,

You can use the guide present in our Helpdesk Knowledge Base.

Cheers,
Danny

I'm wanting to move the web server.
Is there a guide that shows how to do this process?

I am trying to Move my Sysaid Server from Server 2008 r2 over to a new built Server 2019. The Data base is currently on SQL server but will be moved to another SQL server as well
Hi Fazolis,

The guide is present in the link in my previous post here.
Thank you I have found It