Question

SysAid onboarding helped me set up Azure with SSO BUT

• 28 December 2023
  • 1 reply

They helped me set up Azure with SSO, but I run a City IT, and we have a School System, the City Municipal side is all on Azure, but the Schools are all in Google.  We are hybrid, so both sides do also log into Active Directory.

Unfortunately, before we purchased, the saleswoman said it would not be an issue integrating both with SSO, but that’s apparently not true and you can only SSO one of the two environments.  My problem is, even if I manually import School users, the SSO is trying to get them to log into M365 to log into the Sysaid portal.  Obviously for School users, that’s not possible, any way to get around this hurdle?  Do I need to redo the user inputs and just use two LDAP Intergrations instead (one for the school AD and one for the Municipal AD)?

Not a huge deal if that’s what we need to do, it just sucks that we spent a full day on the call with Sysaid, where I mentioned this multiple times, and they never mentioned that it wouldn’t work.  Can someone confirm that this is how we have to do this?

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @Hares ,

Unfortunately, you can use only one SSO and if you want to bypass the SSO, you can use the manual login link that is provided in the Office SSO guide.

As I see, my colleague replied already to this:

Please be advised that, currently, we do not support the Google repository import to SysAid and, you can use only one SSO per environment.

We have a Feature Request in place for the Google Repository import to be a feature in the future: FR #1834

We want to let you know that feature requests are undergoing a process of prioritization, based on their high or low demand, i.e. amount of requests.

For more information regarding this FR, please reach out to your Account Manager.

However, by using the Office 365 SSO, you'll be able to create new users if you set "Create new users" option to "Y".

For existing accounts, SysAid checks Gmail accounts against user names of admins and end users in SysAid. 

If the Gmail account is identical to an existing user name or email address, SysAid does not create a new user for that account.

We will continue the conversation there to clarify everything.

Have a nice day!