Uninstall problem after setup not finished

• 26 September 2015
  • 4 replies

I try to install Sysaid Free to Win2012R2, but there is SQL server active, and installation are "hang".
Now I cannot remove program from Programs (say error: The setup has detected that no version of Sysaid server Free is installed. ) but program are listen in add remove programs and have folder in Program files.

How to remove remains ??

4 replies

Hi Denis,

Please note that you cannot install SysAid free if you already have an SQL instance running on the same machine. You can only install it on a machine without SQL. In order to be able to install SysAid with an existing SQL, you will need to buy one of the full editions.

Does the error you receive appear when trying to uninstall SysAid using the Add/Remove Programs?

Cheers,
Danny
Yer this error appear when trying to uninstall SysAid using the Add/Remove Programs.
In this case it appears to be a broken installation. You will have to manually remove SysAid from the add/remove programs list and manually remove its folder from the program files. Additionally, please make sure you don't have the SysAid Server service in your Windows Services list.

In order to remove the instance from your add/remove programs list, you will need to edit your registry (or use a program like CCleaner to remove it). Please take extreme caution when doing this. You can find the general instructions on Microsoft website here.

Cheers,
Danny
Hi!
I have the same problem on af Virtual (Hyper-V) windows server 2016. deleting registry-entries is not an option.