Upgrading and Migrating On-premises Version

• 19 November 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I was hoping that someone could point me in the right direction for migrating and upgrading our on premises version of sysaid.

Currently we are running on an old 2008 apps server and moving it to a 2016 version.
The current Sysaid version we are running is v17.3.57 b2 and Apache Tomcat/7.0.57

From what I understand I would need to install the same version on the new 2016 server first and then go about upgrading to the latest version of sysaid?

If anyone has the links/documentation for this process that would be great,

2 replies

Badge +2
I would also be interested in getting documentation on this. Currently I am running our SysAid system on a old HP Desktop running Windows 10 Pro and would like to migrate it to a server on our Domain. The HP was fine when I got it setup originally but it is getting old and is really slow now.

Any help would be appreciated.

SysAid OnPrem Info:
Build Number - v20.2.15 b3
Database Vendor - MsSQL
Database Version - Microsoft SQL Server 2014
Userlevel 5
Badge
Hi Steve,
For a migration guide you can follow the same guide as:
moving from 32bit to 64bit
Nonetheless first you need to upgrade to our latest On-Prem version

If you need further guidance feel free to reach out to Customer Care via live chat or our Customer Portal
and share this info:
1. where are your files saved: in database or filesystem
2. Send us your SysAidServer\root\WEB-INF\conf\serverConf.xml

Let us know how it goes!
Cheers,
Maayan

Steve_IT_FPST
I would also be interested in getting documentation on this. Currently I am running our SysAid system on a old HP Desktop running Windows 10 Pro and would like to migrate it to a server on our Domain. The HP was fine when I got it setup originally but it is getting old and is really slow now.

Any help would be appreciated.

SysAid OnPrem Info:
Build Number - v20.2.15 b3
Database Vendor - MsSQL
Database Version - Microsoft SQL Server 2014