Question

Enable Patch Managment Trial via .xml

• 5 April 2024
  • 3 replies

I received the Patch Management Trial .xml via support.  When I go to Settings\Intergation\MyApps and Upload license file, it states “unable to find FieldDescription for ‘sysAidActivationFields’ in ClassDescriptor of addonLicense.”

Am I supposed to load trial licenses in a different location?

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi @JOHNREILLY,

The error message you're receiving suggests there might be a problem with the file format or the upload process itself. Here's a step-by-step guide to help you resolve this issue and ensure your trial license is correctly applied:

1. Verify File Name and Format: Ensure that the file you're trying to upload is named "activation.xml". SysAid specifically looks for this file name during the upload process.

2. Manual Upload: Instead of uploading through the 'Settings > Integration > MyApps' section, try manually placing the activation.xml file in the SysAid server directory. Here's how:

• Navigate to the SysAid server installation directory, typically found at "..\SysAidServer\root\WEB-INF\conf".
    • Backup the current activation.xml file in this directory for safety.
    • Replace the current activation.xml file with the new one you have received.
  3. Restart SysAid Server Service: After replacing the file, it's crucial to restart the SysAid Server service to apply the changes. This can usually be done through the services management console on your server.

4. Verify License Update: Log back into your SysAid admin portal and navigate to the 'About' section under your personal settings menu to check if the license status has been updated.

If you continue to face issues or if the error message persists, we recommend opening a Service Record for further assistance.

If you need more help, have further questions, or just want to chat about this topic, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Badge +2
It seems like you're encountering an issue while trying to upload the Patch Management trial license file to your SysAid account. The error message you're receiving suggests there might be a problem with the file format or the upload process itself. Here's a step-by-step guide to help you resolve this issue and ensure your trial license is correctly applied: 1. **Verify File Name and Format**: Ensure that the file you're trying to upload is named "activation.xml". SysAid specifically looks for this file name during the upload process. 2. **Manual Upload**: Instead of uploading through the 'Settings > Integration > MyApps' section, try manually placing the activation.xml file in the SysAid server directory. Here's how: - Navigate to the SysAid server installation directory, typically found at "..\SysAidServer\root\WEB-INF\conf". - Backup the current activation.xml file in this directory for safety. - Replace the current activation.xml file with the new one you have received. 3. **Restart SysAid Server Service**: After replacing the file, it's crucial to restart the SysAid Server service to apply the changes. This can usually be done through the services management console on your server. 4. **Verify License Update**: Log back into your SysAid admin portal and navigate to the 'About' section under your personal settings menu to check if the license status has been updated. If you continue to face issues or if the error message persists, it might be beneficial to open a Service Record for more personalized assistance. You can do this by clicking the "Create a Service Record" link located on the chat page. Please let me know if you need further assistance or have any other questions.

I followed the instructions but after replacing the activation.xml and restarting the sysaid server service, the service eventually stopped and the page was offline..  I used the backup copy to restore the original activation.xml and we are back online, but I will open a ticket and submit the logs for review.