PowerShell integration and REST API

• 11 October 2017
  • 1 reply

Hi all,

I have been struggling to implement an automatic script to integrate with the REST API of Sysaid. After a lot of research, I was able to come up with a script that can acheive the following:

- Login to Sysaid and get the "Web Session Token"
- With the web session token, access the REST API as documented by Sysaid

Here it goes:

Function LoginToSysaid: Takes in a username ($username) and a password ($password) and returns a Web Session code
Function GetTicketInformation: Give you the JSON information of a ticket (Whole ticket) with a given $ticketID and $sessionToken
Function UpdateValue: Updates the value of a key ($updateKey) in Sysaid (Could be title, description, notes, see Sysaid Documentation on the REST API) with a new value ($newValue), a ticket ID ($ticketID) and a $sessionToken

You must use the LoginToSysaid first to get the session token, then you can use the other functions to do whatever you want :)

$SysaidURL = 'YourSysaidURLWithHttpAndPortNumber'

Function LoginToSysaid
{
#This Function returns a connection session token to be used by further actions
Param ([string]$username,[string]$password)

$Request = invoke-webrequest -uri "$SysaidURL/Login.jsp" -SessionVariable RSession
$Form = $Request.Forms[0]
$Form.Fields["userName"]=$username
$Form.Fields["password"]=$password
$Request = Invoke-WebRequest -Uri ("$SysaidURL/Login.jsp" + $Form.Action) -WebSession $RSession -Method POST -Body $Form.Fields

[Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WebRequestSession]$RSession = $RSession

return $RSession
}

Function GetTicketInformation
{
#This Function returns a connection session token
Param ([string]$ticketID,[Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WebRequestSession]$sessionToken)
$apiUrl = 'api/v1/sr/'
$finalURL = $SysaidURL + $apiUrl + $ticketID

$result = Invoke-RestMethod -uri $finalURL -WebSession $sessionToken

return $result
}

Function UpdateValue
{
#This functions updates a value of a ticket
Param ([string]$ticketID,[string]$updateKey,[Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WebRequestSession]$sessionToken,[string]$newValue)
$apiUrl = 'api/v1/sr/'
$finalUrl = $SysaidURL + $apiUrl + $ticketID

$jsonApiCall = '{"id":"' + $ticketID + '","info":[{"key":"' + $updateKey + '",value":"' + $ccValue + '"}]}'

$result = Invoke-RestMethod -uri $finalUrl -WebSession $sessionToken -Method Put -ContentType 'application/json' -Body $jsonApiCall
return $result
}

Let me know if this is useful to you 🙂

1 reply

I would love it if someone could post a basic SOAP version of this. I'm just trying to pull ticket info and the important fields to a internal REST API.