SysAid Third-Party Integrations

Show first post

164 replies

techguy
Also, can we have an HP warranty integration please ?

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/wc/public/home

Yes, please we are a 100% HP House, no Dell for us.

Thanks!
I am using on-premise 15.02.3b1 as of yesterday. When I click on the 3rd party integrations, a form opens which generates an email if I fill it out. I just want to set up the ones that the release notes say are there but the form to request integrations is all that is listed.
Badge
We use groupwsie 2012, it would be great if the calendar sync was integrated with groupwise as this it woul be more easy to manage our tech teams planning ..

Regards

Alain
DannyTashiev
Please make sure you have enabled the Dell integration, tested the connection, and followed the rest of the instructions on this page to add the new fields to your Asset form.

Let me know if this resolves the issue.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny,

Can I please get the Dell Web Services integration info? We are a purely Dell shop and this would be an amazing tool for us.

Thanks,
Jamie
Hi All,

I can only find the option to update Dell info one asset at a time, surely there is an automated function to apply to all assets which have the require information?

Also, 2 integrations that we'd really like to see are Jira (which i no was mooted) and Yammer.

For Jira, we'd like to be able to be able to convert SRs into tasks and and issues which can be tracked in Jira.

For Yammer, we'd love for users to be able to raise ticket using a hashtag. We're constantly trying to encourage users to raise tickets ratehr than go to admins directly and also want provide the most seamless experience possible. Yammer is huge in our organisation and this would be a huge win for us.
An update:

On-Premise customers - if you wish to use any of the following integrations, which are available at this moment, please contact our support team, or send me a message and I will provide you with the necessary zip file:
 ◦ Google Apps
 ◦ Bomgar
 ◦ LogMeIn Rescue
 ◦ Dell Web Services

A way to provide clearer instructions on the Third-Party Integration page inside the product itself is being worked at.

Additionally, if you wish to request a change to the functionality of an existing third-party integration, please email us at integration@sysaid.com with the details of your request.

@Jamie: I've sent you a PM earlier today :)

Cheers,
Danny
Hi Danny,

How do I update all assets at once? I currently have to go in and manually change a field in the asset maintenance tab in order for the Dell end date field to fill in....

Kind of cumbersome for my 500 assets that I have.
Jamie

Hi Danny,

How do I update all assets at once? I currently have to go in and manually change a field in the asset maintenance tab in order for the Dell end date field to fill in....

Kind of cumbersome for my 500 assets that I have.

Same for me, as mentioned. We have 3000 assets and i'm not about to go through each one.

Unfortunately, too often these updates seem to be released without common sense applied. Do we have a central location to send requests outside of the forum? none of these posts seem to go anywhere.
Hey guys,

As it stands the add-on has been designed as per the original request that we received for this feature. Of course, as you have quite rightly pointed out, this doesn't necessarily mean that it's perfect and works to everybody's needs. Having said that, we have to be honest and admit that there are no current plans to update this.

In this instance, I think that the best approach would be to send an email to integration@sysaid.com as mentioned earlier with the details of your change request.

Alternatively, if you wish to explore other options, you can open a discussion with your Account Managers who can involve our Professional Services team. They can look at your needs more closely and better determine how to address your specific issue. They may be able to set something up specifically for you to avoid you having to manually update 3000 assets to enable the integration for said assets.

Kind regards,
Danny
techguy
yes I have already enabled and tested the integration as per the instructions.

Did you ever get this to work? I installed the Dell.zip also and I am not seeing the Dell Warranty fields, even after following the instructions. Thanks.
Hi emesa,

Were you able to enable the Dell integration in Settings > Integrations > Third-Party Integrations?

If so - are you unable to add the fields using Design form button in an asset form?

Cheers,
Danny
Hi guys,

Please note that third-party integrations are only compatible with SysAid Full and Enterprise (ITSM and ITSM Enterprise), as well as Education and MSP editions!

Thanks,
Danny
Badge +1
Any estimate on when will they work in the pro+ edition then?
Hi techguy,

I've checked this with our Product team and the type of integrations that add new fields/columns won't work on Pro Plus because they use functionalities that are not present in this edition. Similarly to any future integration that will use the Password Services module (for example), and will not work on SysAid system that does not have this module.

I suggest you contact your account manager regarding this to see what may be the options.

(I've removed the "at this moment" wording from my previous post to avoid confusion)

Cheers,
Danny
Badge +1
Thank you for clarifying this.
It is disappointing news though.

I do think that pro+ customers should be given access to add additional fields/columns, because it makes the product easier to tailor to your needs.
the couple of custom fields that you get out of the box is just not sufficient, when wanting to customise your change templates etc - and the jump in pricing to the enterprise version is prohibitively expensive just to get a few more custom fields.

we have used our 4 SR custom fields up just by adding
Chargeable Y/N
Out of Hours ? Y/N
Recharge to:
Estimated hours:
Can I ask what the plan is for the Teamviewer integration? My company has a corporate license for Teamviewer and it is installed on all of our PCs. Will SysAid tie in with our corporate Teamviewer console to check licensing, etc? Will it push Teamviewer out as part of the SysAid install or will we have to push it out seperately?
An update on the Team Viewer integration:
We are getting ready to release the add on for TeamViewer - we are finalizing the add on and will send it out to all of you who requested it.
Stage A of the add on will be similar to what we did with Bomgar and Teamviewer - allow a quick launch of a Remote Session within the Ticket / Asset
Additional features will be made available in the future.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Oded M
We are getting ready to release the add on for TeamViewer - we are finalizing the add on and will send it out to all of you who requested it.
Stage A of the add on will be similar to what we did with Bomgar and Teamviewer - allow a quick launch of a Remote Session within the Ticket / Asset

Hi Oded,

Thanks for the information! Let me get the same if possible. 😃
Oded M

Will we have to request this the same we have with the other integrations thus far?
Jamie
Will we have to request this the same we have with the other integrations thus far?
Hi Jamie,

This is correct.
Subscribe to this thread to get updates on when TeamViewer integration is out :)

Cheers,
Danny
avirgili
No DameWare integration?!?!?!?! There were a ton of requests for DameWare integration. How did it fall by the wayside and LogMeIn got in there?

Hi avirgili,
We checked out the possible integration with Dameware Remote control, and unfortunately they don't provide an API similar to other Remote control tools we have integrated with.

They only offer a command line interface with their tool. This can be setup with SysAid and probably other tools, but- 99% of the setup needs to be done on your end : Installing and configuring a third part tool on every technician's machine that will accept a link and convert it to a local command that starts the Dameware software with the target IP.

The setup on SysAid, ends up with creating a simple custom field that contains a dynamic link that has a prefix and the IP of the target machine.

Hope this info helps, if you want to setup this up, contact your account manager and they can coordinate this with our professional services team
On the integrations listed on the post from February, I hear many items are still on the roadmap...

Could you please clarify when the integrations with TeamViewer and SAP will become available?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Sylvain
I am an Education customer, so is my account categorized as Pro+? I did follow the setup process and properly integrate the Dell AddOn as stated in the directions. I would hope that I could get access to the AddOn fields, as we are 100% Dell desktop/laptop shop.
I have installed the Dell integration, and the three new asset fields now show up.

But they're blank for all assets.

How do I get the fields to auto-populate?
I also cannot get the Dell Web Service integration to work. I have installed the module, activated and tested. I do not have the option to add the Dell fields when managing an asset.