Solved

DB access in the Clod version of SysAid

• 26 November 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hello!

My company has just transitioned from SysAid on premises to SysAid in the Cloud.

I now need to migrate my code that accessed SysAid DB directly from local to Cloud.

Can anyone help mw, by explaining what my options are?

Can I still access the DB even in the cloud?

Or do I have to use REST API?

Or perhaps some other option.

Thank you in advance

Rudy

icon

Best answer by AlexanderChr 29 November 2023, 08:06

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @rgireyev,

Direct access to the Cloud database is not feasible, but there is an option to get daily database backups.

The Cloud database type is MySQL, and once the option is enabled for Database and/or Attachments backup delivery (need to contact SysAid Support to enable the option to download),  it can be downloaded from the SysAid Settings page from:

Settings >> Customize >> Event Logs

You can open a ticket with our Support Team and they will provide you the instructions on how to get the database backup.

Hope this helps.

Have a nice day!

Badge

Thank you @AlexanderChr.

I will run this option by my supervisors and see what they say.

Just in case they are not willing to go this route, is there another way to get those values? Maybe a REST API call or something like that.

Do you need to know which table I’m hitting? I’m hoping for a generic API that will allow me to hit any table. But if there is not. My first need is to get the values from the service_req table.

TIA

Rudy

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @rgireyev

SysAid provides an API that allows you to retrieve, create, and modify specific information based on your requirements. For more details on our API integration, please refer to the documentation here.

Additionally, you can find SysAid Rest API Details here.

Hope this helps! :) 

Have a good one!

Badge

Thank you @AlexanderChr 

I see that the Login endpoint wants a username and password.

How would I set that up?

Also, if I should use the account_id where would I find it?

TIA

Rudy