Solved

Is there a way to report on when the status of a Service Record was last changed?

• 21 March 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +3

We are looking for a way to report on when the status (not necessarily the last modification of the SR) was last changed for a service record.  The outcome is a way to track how long service records have been in say a Pending User or Customer Responded status regardless of other notes or field changes in the service record.  Ideally, a database field dedicated to that with a timestamp of when the last status change took place.  Does something like this already exist?

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 23 March 2023, 09:28

View original

6 replies

Hi @Colin Bodkin

We have a report called Track SR Field Changes. Go to Analytics> Reports> Track SR Field Changes. From the SR field select the status and “Include details of the change.” This is an example of the output. 

Please let us know if you have further questions :)

Badge +3

The Track SR Field Changes report doesn’t present this in a usable format for us.  We are taking this data and using Power BI to create dashboards.  A dedicated database field with a timestamp of when the last status change took place is what we need.  In report format, something as simple as this would work.  SR_ID, Current_Status, Status_Date (this is the desired field I am referring to).

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @Colin Bodkin,

The table you’re looking for is called: Service_Req_History. 

In your query, you can select the fields that you want.

For example: id, status, update_time. 

For further information you can check out our database guide: https://documentation.sysaid.com/docs/en/database-guide?highlight=database%20guide

Please let us know if you still need any help :)

Best

Badge +3

Is the update_time in that table specific to when only the status was last updated?  It seems to be more any update which is not what we are looking for.

Apologies for the delay in responding, @Colin Bodkin. Your question seems to have been overlooked, but I'm here now to provide you with a better answer.

The update time indicates the most recent change made to the ticket. This includes any time the ticket is saved.

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask.

Badge +3

Thank you @elena.t.  It appears SysAid has exhausted options for finding an existing database field that indicates the last time the status (and nothing else) on the service record was updated.  I will submit an idea.