Solved

Please help me with a report

• 29 February 2024
  • 2 replies

I need a report showing what time of day the most tickets are created -maybe a bar chart with the hours of the day on one axis and the total number of tickets raised on the other axis, for a given time period.

Is that possible, and how would i go about building it, please?

Thank you

icon

Best answer by AlexanderChr 29 February 2024, 11:42

View original

2 replies

Badge +1

Hi @roblewis 

Yes, it is possible to create a report showing what time of day the most tickets are created, using a bar chart with the hours of the day on one axis and the total number of tickets raised on the other axis for a given time period. Here's how you can go about building it:

1. Log in to your SysAid Administrator portal.
  2. Navigate to Analytics > Reports.
  3. Click on the "Create new report" or "All reports" tab to start creating a new report.
  4. Choose 'Service Records' as the entity for your report.
  5. In the report configuration, you'll need to select the fields relevant to your report. For this specific report, ensure you include the 'Creation Time' or 'Request Time' field.
  6. Set the report type to 'Bar Chart'.
  7. For the X-axis, select the 'Creation Time' or 'Request Time' field and configure it to display the hours of the day.
  8. For the Y-axis, configure it to count the number of tickets.
  9. Apply any additional filters you need, such as a specific time period or ticket status.
  10. Save and run the report.

This will generate a bar chart showing the distribution of ticket creation times throughout the day for the specified period.

Thank you

Ive tried that, and yes it does what i asked, but it turns out i didn’t ask the right question :)

i would like to be able to run the report, and from the chart be able to identify (over a 6 month period) when the busiest times of the day are.

More specifically, I need to know if the workload between 4pm and 5pm is generally busier or quieter than other 1 hour periods during the day

so - 24 columns on the bar chart, one for each hour, height of column is qty of tickets created over a six month period

Is that possible, or am i asking too much?

Thank you