Skip to main content
Question

Request Time compared to Due Date

I’d like to create a graph or some kind of visual that will compare the Due Date for Requests and Incidents against ‘Today’s Date’ and state whether a ticket is within or has failed our SLAs.  Can this be done and if so, how?

Many thanks,

Mel S. 

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3
Hi there,

SysAid Copilot is here with our AI Magic!
Here is the response we thought might assist you:
>
Love the experience? You can enjoy the full power of SysAid Copilot and reduce your team workload starting today - check it by yourself
Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi @SuperSalmon,

To create a graph or visual that compares the Due Date for Requests and Incidents against 'Today's Date' and indicates whether a ticket is within or has failed your SLAs, follow these steps:

1. Log in to SysAid Admin Portal:

• Use your admin credentials to log in to your SysAid account.

2. Navigate to the Analytics Module:

• Go to the 'Analytics' or 'Reports' module where you can create and customize reports.

3. Create a New Report:

• Click on 'Create New Report' or a similar option to start building your report.

4. Select the Data Source:

• Choose 'Service Records' as the data source for your report.

5. Define the Report Criteria:

• Set the criteria to include both Requests and Incidents.
  • Add a filter to compare the Due Date with 'Today's Date'. You can use expressions like Due Date < Today to identify tickets that have failed the SLA.

6. Add Visualization Elements:

• Choose the type of graph or visual you want to use (e.g., bar chart, line graph, pie chart).
  • Configure the visual to display the comparison between Due Dates and 'Today's Date'.
  • Use color coding or labels to indicate whether a ticket is within or has failed the SLA.

7. Save and Run the Report:

• Save your report and run it to generate the visual.
  • Review the visual to ensure it accurately represents the SLA status of your tickets.

If you need more help, have further questions, or just want to chat about this topic, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Thanks so much for your quick response @simonamirza.

I’m relatively new to the Reporting side of SysAid having recently been appointed to the role of Service Desk Supervisor and with my appointment comes the formal introduction of SLAs.

Is there a way I can set the reports date to ‘Today’ whenever the report is ran rather than hard-code a date?

Also would you mind going into the graph side of things in a bit more detail? I’m unclear on how/where to input the comparison between the two dates and display that as a visual.

Many thanks,

Mel S.