Add more custom fields

• 3 August 2017
  • 3 replies

I know that I can add sr.cust_text1= and sr.cust_text2= on my service request form but could I add more like sr.cust_text3= sr.cust_text4= sr.cust_text5=?

Thanks.

3 replies

bump
Customise > Fields Customization > Service Record

Add a new custom column
  • Set field caption to what you wish (ex. Application URL)
  • Set Field Type
  • Set DB Field Name (ex. dev_appurl)
Click OK

Field will now show within Template/SubType designer.

---

Using the above, you can also create custom fields for Assets, Tasks, Projects, CIs, Users, Companies and Action Items.

---

For documentation on this:
https://www.sysaid.com/help-page.htm?helpPageId=4190&helpPageName=CustomizeEntities.htm&edition=2&version=v17.2.03
Hello, I've found a lot of threads but this one seems relevant. Is anyone by chance populating an action item field (custom or otherwise) with the service record category or subcategory fields? We essentially want to be able to pass the subcategory value through to the action item/s so that it is usable as a filter expression for a notification action item. Ultimately, a notification action item would become active and trigger a notification when the subcategory value = x and the approvals = Y. Currently, this seems like it is unsupported and I haven't found a more creative way to achieve what our company is looking for.

thanks,

Max