How to Change "Title" to "Subject" in end user portal

• Community Enthusiast
  • 4 replies
Our wonderful, technologically advanced users seem to think that "Title" literally means their job title. How can I change the end user portal "title" to read "subject". I am willing to change it everywhere in sysaid if necessary if changing it just on the end user portal isnt possible.

Thanks ahead of time!

10 replies

Badge
lol

Hi Bee,

Welcome to our community.

In order to change the field Title to Subject in the End User Portal please follow these steps:
Go to Customize > Translate Tab > click on the download link “Download translate file”, open the file, search for the fields that you need to change and edit them. Save the file and then upload it back to SysAid in Customize > Translate Tab.

Let me know if they will understand that 😉
Got it!

Thank you for your help. Hopefully we stop getting requests titled "Scheduling Supervisor" now. 🙂
Badge
My pleasure

Let me know if you need additional help.
Okay, I'm trying to do this as well for the same reason. I downloaded and editted the translation file, then I uploaded the new. It did not change anything? I've waited a week and still no change? I'm running version 8.5.08 Education Pro Edition and if download the translation file the change is in there.
Hi DMize 🙂 🙂 😁 :oops: 😎 😁 🙂 ,

The attribute which you modified according to the screenshot you sent will has an affect only for the service request form, from the Administrator portal.
If you wish to change the name of the title in the End User submit form, from the end user portal you should modify the "sr.title" field. I attached a screenshot with the location of that field.

I hope this information has been useful for you 👍 :idea:

Thanks.

Ariel.
Thanks Ariel that did it!
HAHAHA. I thought we were the only ones with this issue. I had to change ours to "Service Request Title" because of the same thing. I was getting a lot of tickets called titled "Manager". UGH!
How to you change it for the Self Service Portal? That works for the End User Portal but not the newer Self Service Portal.
Badge
We are having the same issue as DB563 and Bee, since upgrading from 16.3 to 19.4 and migrating to the new self service portal, our users are now entering their position title, in the title field. We have issued training, and it is not resolving the issue. Is there any way to rename the "Title" field in the self service portal?
Userlevel 5
Badge

ICYMI, we launched SysAid’s modern Self-Service Portal (SSP) a while back, and now we’re ready to say farewell to the legacy End-User Portal (EUP).

For our cloud customers, this change is already in progress and will be completed by the end of 2021! For our on-premises customers, the EUP will be sunsetted in the Q1 2022 release.

Looking to learn more about what a SSP is all about, read up about it here..

Also, be sure to join our webinar on December 8th . at 10 am ET where we’ll cover what the transition from the EUP means for you, and how to boost your self-service capabilities and employee adoption to the next level.

Onwards and Upwards!
Maayan