Solved

I'd like to remove the Submit an Incident button

• 26 July 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hi Everyone - 
In my instance I have a Submit an Incident button above my banner in my self service user portal - 

I’d like to drive my users to a section of the Service Catalog where users can use forms for specific types of incidents --

Is there a way to remove the submit an incident button from the top of my portal page?

Thank you!

Reed

icon

Best answer by Reed the Swede 26 July 2023, 18:18

View original

5 replies

Badge

Found it --
that was easy…

Just uncheck Display submit incident button

That checkbox is not visible in my environment.  Is this a version specific item?

Badge +2

The problem with that is that it makes it so that you cannot submit an incident at all.  I just want to remove the button so that the use the different template options I setup with direct links.

Steve - Reach out to the Support team.  They provided me with a SQL Query to run against our On-Prem database.  Running that query and restarting the SysAid Server service did the trick for me.  The Display Incident Submit Button was then available to uncheck.  The button no longer shows up on the portal, and I can still use the Templates we’ve created.

Badge +2

Steve - Reach out to the Support team.  They provided me with a SQL Query to run against our On-Prem database.  Running that query and restarting the SysAid Server service did the trick for me.  The button no longer shows up on the portal, and I can still use the Templates we’ve created.

We are on a Cloud Version now so I will see if that can still be done for us.  Thanks.