Question

Password Self Service Portal is stating "This Username does not exist on the selected domain" for all users.

• 19 July 2022
  • 5 replies

We are attempting to setup the password self service portal. When a user attempts to reset their password it is stating that “The username does not exist on the selected domain” for all users. I was looking for some guidance. I currently have a support ticket in to hopefully get some assistance but was also wondering if the community knew where some log files were for me to view while I wait for their support to get back with me. Thank you. 

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

We are attempting to setup the password self service portal. When a user attempts to reset their password it is stating that “The username does not exist on the selected domain” for all users. I was looking for some guidance. I currently have a support ticket in to hopefully get some assistance but was also wondering if the community knew where some log files were for me to view while I wait for their support to get back with me. Thank you. 

Hi @gplummer

Please confirm this is set up on you rend: 

Password Services will only work over an SSL LDAP connection. If you are not sure that you configured your LDAP using SSL, please check the URL to LDAP server field. If the port number is 636, then you are connecting using SSL. If this is not the port number, then run the LDAP configuration wizard again and choose LDAP over SSL.

In addition, the system does not require domain administrator for password services to work. As of release 17.1.70 a domain user with "Create, delete and manage user accounts" and "Reset user passwords and force password change at next logon" only.

For deeper dives: 

Requirements for Passwrod Services

The password reset guide on our product documentation.

Let us know how it goes!

Maayan

Just to respond so everyone can see. The issue was the SSL over LDAP was not setup correctly.

I am now receiving the attached error. It tells me that “Sysaid can’t reset the password. Contact the system administrator.”. If I view logs on my domain controller then they tell me the account was only unlocked. The password was never reset. I would really appreciate the location of detailed password service logs on the actual sysaid server. I can’t find any of that online. Any help would be greatly appreciated though. Thanks.

I have identified the problem. I am attempting to set my domain password policy so that users have to enter passwords that are 20 characters. Sysaid is having problems with this. If I do anything 14 or below then sysaid can’t reset the password. However my environment is handling it fine.

I have identified the problem. I am attempting to set my domain password policy so that users have to enter passwords that are 20 characters. Sysaid is having problems with this. If I do anything 14 or below then sysaid can’t reset the password. However my environment is handling it fine.

I need to edit this. I meant 15 or above then sysaid can’t reset the password. 14 or below it handles with no problem.