Solved

Remove solution from end user incident form

• 29 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Is there a way to remove the “Solution” field from the end user SR Form? I have removed it from the submission form, but can’t figure out how to remove it from the view when a user opens an existing ticket.

icon

Best answer by alin.lupascu 29 June 2023, 15:03

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi - If you remove the field from the Sub-tupe it will not display on SSP for the end user. But you need to make sure you remove it from all sub-types that are used. 

You can follow the below steps to add/remove fields from the sub-type.

1. Navigate to Settings → Service Desk Templates → Sub-types → Select the Sub-Type that you want to make the changes to.
  2. Click on Edit Sub-Type View
  1. On the right side you have the Design button
  1. Clicking the Design Form will pop-up a new window where you can add/remove fields from your form.
  2. In the “Tab” area select the solution tab and remove the field from right to left.
Badge +1

Thanks, I tried that but it only hid the field from the admin view. I want to see it in the admin but not in the end user view.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Thanks, I tried that but it only hid the field from the admin view. I want to see it in the admin but not in the end user view.

@JRichardson - You can use the “Resolution” field for the admin to track how the SR was resolved. Following the same method for removing the Solution - search for the Resolution field in the left table add it to the right. 

Resolution field is not going to display to the end-users. 

Badge +1

OK thanks Alin