Adding attachments to Workflows

• 4 August 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi

I am trying to build a workflow which allows an employee to complete a spreadsheet and attach it to a Service Request which then needs to go to a member of Finance for approval. The employee in Finance is not an admin user and cannot be set up as one due to the fact that our Admin portal contains sensitive HR data. I can attach the spreadsheet to the original SR but when someone in Finance opens it they cannot access it.

Is there anyway to make an attachment move from end user to end user via a workflow?

many thanks
Andy

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hi Scottface,

surely it is possible! In this case you have to specify the steps under the attributes. Under Attributes at the bottom of "Populate values from other action items" you have to specify the steps.

cheers Karlson
Thanks Karlson, I have had a look at that but do I not need attachments to be an Action item? I cannot seem to do that.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Anonymous
Thanks Karlson, I have had a look at that but do I not need attachments to be an Action item? I cannot seem to do that.

Hi, you wrote that you provide an employee with an Excel file from the SR so that he can edit it.

You can transfer the SR from the SR to the workflow (as I described above)

When the employee has edited the file, he will upload it and complete the workflow tab with the button.
This activates the second tab for the other employee (Now the file as I wrote is moved to the second tab and the second employee can also be informed and edit the file.

You need two workflow actions for employees in the main workflow

I would like to attach screenshots to you, but apparently this is not possible at this point :-)

cheers
Karlson
Hi CPun and Karlson

I had to drop this for a while and just come back to it now and got it working. Thanks both for your support 😃