Solved

Automatically create 2nd ticket

• 13 July 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge

Is it possible to create a secondary ticket depending the answer from a list that a user selects when raising a request?

icon

Best answer by alin.lupascu 14 July 2023, 12:28

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I will need some more details about the process that you would like to implement. For the moment you can submit an incident and after this you can submit a new one. If you want to submit 2 incident in the same time, but one of them to depend of the answer from a list, this is not possible for the moment. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @aaronj

We can use the workflow here to achieve this - keep in mind that the workflows are not available for Incidents however we can do Request, Changes or Problems. 

The key is to use Workflow Notifications: That you attach to an Action Item that is conditioned by the user selection.

If you can approach your Account Manager - I’d be happy to assist you with this. If not, you can write down how you’d like this to work and I can do a mock-up.

Badge

I will need some more details about the process that you would like to implement. For the moment you can submit an incident and after this you can submit a new one. If you want to submit 2 incident in the same time, but one of them to depend of the answer from a list, this is not possible for the moment. 

Think you have already answered this with the second part of your response but was hoping to raise a second request depending on the users initial answers from a list.

Badge

Hi @aaronj

We can use the workflow here to achieve this - keep in mind that the workflows are not available for Incidents however we can do Request, Changes or Problems. 

The key is to use Workflow Notifications: That you attach to an Action Item that is conditioned by the user selection.

If you can approach your Account Manager - I’d be happy to assist you with this. If not, you can write down how you’d like this to work and I can do a mock-up.

Hi Alin

The base is to automatically create a secondary request based on an answer the user gives in one of the list fields (a simple yes or no answer box). If possible to mock up, then that would be greatly appreciated.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @aaronj,

I’ve created a short video guide on how to create a new Service Record using the workflows. You can access the video: 

https://sysaid.zoom.us/rec/share/QmI732ADg5zQSFE4Koyqm2WMkoLFIeqrbS1qE-GOal5rWeHTtz3QNLcoOBRCdle-.5t-hK7xmAF94TMUN?startTime=1689692577000

Passcode: @M1t$aBP

Do let me know if you have any questions.

hey @aaronj 

If your question is solved, please, mark the best answer🌺

That will help over SysMates navigate better.