Question

How can i create a child ticket ?

• 9 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

I wanted to know how can I create child ticket , this would beneficial for new hire creation process 

1 reply

Badge +2
Hi there,

SysAid Copilot is here with our AI Magic!
Here is the response we thought might assist you:

To create a child ticket in SysAid, which is particularly useful for processes like new hire creation, you can follow these steps to ensure proper documentation and delegation of tasks. This process involves linking a new or existing ticket (child ticket) to another ticket (parent ticket) to maintain a clear hierarchy and organization of related tasks.

**Creating a Child Ticket:**

1. **Identify the Parent Ticket:** First, determine which existing ticket will serve as the parent ticket for the new hire creation process.

2. **Open or Create a New Ticket:** If you're creating a new task as part of the new hire process, start by creating a new ticket in SysAid. If the task already exists as a ticket, proceed to open that ticket.

3. **Link to Parent Ticket:** In the ticket's form, locate the 'Parent ID' field. If this field is not visible, you may need to customize your ticket form to include it. Enter the SR number of the parent ticket into this field to establish the link.

4. **Document the Task:** Ensure that the details of the task, especially how it relates to the new hire process, are clearly documented within the ticket.

5. **Save the Ticket:** After linking the ticket to the parent ticket and documenting the task, save the changes. This ticket now functions as a child ticket, linked to the broader new hire creation process.

**Please Note:** This functionality is primarily available for incident tickets. If you're working with a different type of ticket or encounter any difficulties, consider opening a Service Record for further assistance.

By following these steps, you can effectively manage tasks related to new hire processes by creating and linking child tickets to a parent ticket, ensuring organized and efficient task delegation.