Question

Routing Rules List not working properly

• 21 February 2023
  • 8 replies

Badge

Hi everybody :)

We / I have a question regarding “Routing Rules List”. The issue here is, that if someone submits an incident directly on Self Service Portal, it routes it as it should, but it doesn’t route incidents, that are submitted via email. This worked all along till some point and it stoped working completely.

Does anyone have any ideas, is there some checkmark that got disabled/enabled by accedent? Can I view some logs, how specific incident is handled when it comes to Helpdesk, so I can see where it goes wrong?

Thank you all for help and regards

Matic

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Matic,

Is the email rule enabled?

Is email coming in an a ticket being created at all?

John

Badge

Matic,

Is the email rule enabled?

Is email coming in an a ticket being created at all?

John

Hi John,

thank you for the reply. Yes, they are all enabled, yet none of them work (8). Tickets get created normaly, they just get assigned to the default group Helpdesk, and not to the coresponding one, that should be asigned.

Regards

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

I have a single email rule but several routing rules with a specific execution order with the last being a catch all

My routing criteria is category

it might be helpful if you could post a couple of screenshots so we can see if anything jumps out

John

Badge

Hi, this is how the rules look and I opened specific MORA rule.

I crossed over some data, due to privacy policy of users.

Here are 2 screenshots. One is of all the rules we had (this has already worked before, it just stopped working on random day, it is possible that someone checked/unchecked something). Second one is sceenshot of MORA rules, which also doesn’t work.

Thank you and regards

Badge

I have created a completely new rule, new company, new admin group, assigned myselft to it, but same. If I submit incident through Self-service portal, it works, email rule doesn’t work.

Thank you

Badge

Hi, I just figured that when sent from mail, it’s not recognizing companies correctly. So for an example:

It works normaly, if I set for the first rule that all companies emails get rerouted to Test group.

It stops working if insteal of all companies, I choose Test group and I send an email (I am assigned to that company).

It’s like when sending an email, companies are not recognized correctly. If I send an email and I check user in the incident, it’s correctly connected to my LDAP account and I can see info in it, like phone number, name, last name, so it connects my sent mail to LDAP account normally too. Hope this helps some more. Looks like some bug in Sysaid.

Regards

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

as I was looking at the attachments I thought the companies might be the issue.

I’m not sure when company is assigned if a ticket is emailed in. When you do it thru SSP I know it’s picked up at login.

This might be a case for tech support

John

Badge

Hi, me and collegue are already preparing a Sysaid ticket :) Thank you for your help and cooperation anyways :)

Regards