Solved

Set a reminder on an existing Service Record

• 7 October 2019
  • 5 replies

Sometimes, for various reasons, a call is in a state where it can't be closed because of something that has to happen in the future, but there is nothing that can be done until that time comes.

For example:
- someone logs a call to do something for them on a certain date (in the future)
- most of a call is completed, but there is one task left that needs to be done in the future

These calls are not ready to close, so they take up "space" on an active queue.

It would be nice to be able to set a reminder time, then close the call and have it re-open automatically when the time comes.

We already use reminders for warranty expiries, but i can't see how to make that work for this scenario.

Thanks
icon

Best answer by Alan Lytton 8 October 2019, 15:55

View original

5 replies

Hello Patsy,

You should be able to use escalation rules to check the tickets and compare to a preset date/time. You can then close the ticket and have the escalation rule check for those and when it detects that one matches the criteria, it changes the status to "Open" or "In Progress" or whatever other status you want it to, and sends a notification to the person it is assigned to. If you want it to re-open and assign to a different individual than who it was originally assigned (e.x. someone who no longer works there) you can do that too. If you have any questions on how to do that let me know I would be happy to help out.

Alan
Hello Alan

Thanks for the prompt reply and advice.

So we could use (for example) Followup Date fields and use the escalation rule to check against that date? (Sorry I am a bit of a novice at escalation rules, but have a colleague who can help).

Patsy
Hello Patsy,

Yes you could use it that way. There may be some other methods that would allow for better/more accurate use of the escalation rules, but I am sure your colleague will be able to assist with those options. I am happy to help out however I can as well I would just need more information to ensure I didn't recommend something that wouldn't be helpful, or that would be counterproductive for what you are trying to accomplish.

Alan
Hi Alan

Escalation rule implemented and tested. This is going to be really useful. Thaks again for your help.
Userlevel 5
Badge
Exciting, the power of the community wins yet again! You rock people.
As part of an over hall of the community is undergoing (stay tuned for the exciting news!) we are reviewing old posts and locking old threads including this one.
Cheers,
Maayan