Skip to main content

We are on-prem. 

No one can authenticate with their AD account, but pressing f11 will take you to the ssp logged in. So this work around is helping users create tickets. This also helps me as an admin get logged into the helpdesk. Though this may work it is not ideal.

When logging into the helpdesk with ad account and password I receive “Incorrect login information.
Letters must be typed in the correct case.
Please make sure the Caps Lock key is disabled.”

My account is not locked in AD and I’ve tried logging in using Chrome, Firefox, and Edge.

When I use the domain\username I get “Wrong captcha”. We never used domain before - but figured I’d give it a go anyway.

We did change to ldaps. Though I can’t remember if this problem happened before or after we changed this.

Any ideas or more information I can provide?

@SysaidModerator

Can you move my ticket to the appropriate category, I’m not sure how this made it into API.

Hi there,

SysAid Copilot is here with our AI Magic!

Here is the response we thought might assist you:

**AI magic at your service!**

It seems like you're experiencing authentication issues with your on-prem SysAid system, particularly when logging into the Self-Service Portal (SSP) and the helpdesk. Let's go through some steps to troubleshoot and hopefully resolve this issue:

1. **Verify LDAP/LDAPS Configuration:**
- Since you mentioned a change to LDAPS, ensure that the configuration is correct. Check the settings under `Settings > Integration > LDAP` in SysAid to confirm that the LDAPS settings are properly configured.
- Perform a full LDAP scan by selecting the option "Perform a full LDAP scan on next refresh" in the LDAP integration settings. This can help synchronize any changes made in the Active Directory.

2. **Check User Account Status:**
- Ensure that your account and other user accounts are not locked or disabled in Active Directory (AD).
- Verify that the passwords are correct and synchronized with AD.

3. **Browser and Cache Issues:**
- Clear the cache and cookies in your browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Edge) to eliminate any stored data that might be causing login issues.
- Try using an incognito or private browsing window to bypass any session-related problems.

4. **Captcha and Domain Issues:**
- If you're encountering a "Wrong captcha" error, ensure that the captcha is being entered correctly. If captcha is not required, check the SysAid settings to disable it if it's mistakenly enabled.
- Since you mentioned trying the `domain\username` format, ensure that this is the correct format required by your SysAid configuration.

5. **Network and Service Checks:**
- Verify that there are no network issues affecting the connection to the SysAid server.
- Restart the SysAid services on the server to ensure they are running correctly.

6. **Contact SysAid Support:**
- If the issue persists after trying the above steps, it may be necessary to contact SysAid Support for further assistance. Provide them with detailed information about the errors and the steps you've already taken.

Please try these steps and let me know if you need further assistance or if the issue persists.**

Hi there,

It sounds like this issue requires further investigation by support. Could you please submit an incident?

You can do so either by visiting the service portal at https://helpdesk.sysaid.com/servicePortal or by emailing helpdesk@sysaid.com.

Thank you.

Thanks @iulian.olaru , I believe we have a ticket already open but there hasn’t been any movement on it. I didn’t put in the ticket, but nothing has been resolved as of yet.

@iulian.olaru 

Co-worker told me this is the ticket “SR #2514404 Sysaid portal not allowing to sign-in manually”.