Important Notice: SysAid is Sunsetting its End-User Portal

• 1 December 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Did you know that SysAid’s Self-Service Portal, which is the modern and more sophisticated cousin of the End-User Portal (EUP), was launched a couple of years ago?

Literally thousands of our customers have enjoyed the benefits of this tool and now it’s time for you to do so too.

With any legacy solution comes its limitations and security risks. This is why we’ve made the decision to sunset the EUP, so that you don’t become exposed to these vulnerabilities. Not to mention, the Self-Service Portal is just way better.

These are the critical dates of our sunset timeline:

Cloud customers: December 2021
On-Premises customers: Q1 2022 release

Looking to learn more about what a SSP is all about, read up about it here. :

Also, be sure to join our webinar on December 8th at 10 am ET where we’ll cover what the transition from the EUP means for you, and how to boost your self-service capabilities and employee adoption to the next level.

Upwards and Onwards,
Maayan

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Friendly reminder, the EUP will be sunsetted for SysAid On-Premises in our upcoming release. What does this mean for you? When you upgrade to the On-Prem release v22.1 you will no longer have access to the EUP as this feature will be deprecated. At this time, the SSP will automatically be enabled in your SysAid and you’ll be able to take advantage of all the new features and fixes in this release. ICYMI, here’s a recap of the top 10 helpful resources that we curated to assist you, your team, and your end users with this transition:

We also held a webinar: “Successfully Transition to the Next-Gen of Self-Service”. If you missed it or would like to watch it again, you can access it here. If you have any questions about your self-service journey, please don't hesitate to reach out here! Cheers, Maayan

Is it possible for End Users to see the EUP and have access to the new SSP before we activate fully for testing? If so how would you do this? In the SSP General settings I have both SSP and EUP boxes checked and our Admins can see the SSP by clicking on their name - but I would like End users to also have access to work out any bugs we may find before turning EUP off.
Userlevel 5
Badge
Hi JShepherd,
After the two checkboxes you have a third one where you can define in dropdown what is the default for end users as long as it is End User Portal that's what they will see.
For your admins the two options will be available in the top right menu nonetheless.
Hope you enjoy the beautiful and advanced capabilities of the SSP!
Cheers,
Maayan

JShepherd
Is it possible for End Users to see the EUP and have access to the new SSP before we activate fully for testing? If so how would you do this? In the SSP General settings I have both SSP and EUP boxes checked and our Admins can see the SSP by clicking on their name - but I would like End users to also have access to work out any bugs we may find before turning EUP off.
We are still running 18.1.54.b3 on prem...will this change affect us or not until we upgrade to v22.1.
You can play with the SSP now it just will be auto enabled with the update and EUP will be disabled. I just wish there was a way for the End users to test out the SSP before turning it on in the environment. Currently only Admins can see both SSP and EUP. From what I have been told the only way for the End users to see the new SSP before 22.1 is to make the SSP the default portal, which I would prefer not to due until we have finished testing the SSP.
Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi Jacen, Once you upgrade to v22.1 EUP will not be available for you anymore. Until then you will have the option to choose what is the default for your employees/end-users EUP or SSP. So, why move to SSP? 1. Better UI/UX for your users + Search capabilities! 2. Better security standards and ongoing monitoring 3. Technical support and maintenance will not be available for EUP very soon. Take the first step to move today, it's very simple: Switch it on > As admin review & test your new SSP (everything is moved from EUP automatically) > set SSP as default for your end users Watch: How to switch from EUP to SSP Let us know how it goes! Cheers, Maayan PS - in general we highly recommend to upgrade your SysAid version as so many features have been added since and security vulnerabilities addressed (Log4j for example was addressed in v21.4.45) links to versions and more instructions for upgrade.

Jacen
We are still running 18.1.54.b3 on prem...will this change affect us or not until we upgrade to v22.1.