News

SysAid Product Documentation Revamped !

• 11 July 2022
  • 2 replies
SysAid Product Documentation Revamped !
Userlevel 5
Badge

Dear SysMates, 

We are super excited to update that our FKA Online Help center has moved to a new home as well!

Our Product Documentation is now with a more intuitive, friendly, and clear interface for you to get all the information you’d ever need about SysAid. 

Check IT out

It is also available for you anytime on the community:

On the top ribbon 

Product Documentation on top ribbon

At the bottom right book icon

Book Icon Product Documentation Widget

Can’t wait to hear what you think? In the comments!

Cheers,

Maayan

2 replies

Badge

Hi!

I know this post is a year old, but since you explicitly soliciting feedback, I thought I’d chime in with mine. I’m working with REST API so my comments will be exclusively on that documentation.

1. I believe you should provide a sample JSON for every request of every endpoint. At the moment there are only samples for response JSONs. I think those are severely missing.
  2. Not only will it make it easier to use the API, but it will also help eliminate errors/confusions in the documentation. Like for example the documentation for Login calls the request values that must be supplied Parameters. Now in the HTTP world parameters are an actual entity and are appended to the end of the request URL. What the Login endpoint actually requires is a JSON input sent in the BODY of the request. :) So this is either confusing or incorrect depending on how you want to look at it. :)

HTH

Rudy

API also does not document all methods for the endpoints. For the most part they’re straight forward but there are a few odd ones