Moving Previously Imported LDAP Integrated Users to New AD OU

• 5 December 2019
  • 1 reply

Simple issue here (I think). We use LDAP integration for SysAid. We had users imported from LDAP. Worked fine. I created a new OU in Active Directory. I moved the user accounts previously imported to the new OU. I added a new user root setup in the LDAP integration page to scan for users in the new OU. Will Sysaid be smart enough to know that it has previously imported the users it finds in the new OU, or will it see them as new users because it finds them in the new OU creating duplicate users? Not using sub-OU scanning tick box.

Also, I have the LDAP integration scan set to run daily. How can I manually run this scan to immediately add new users?

Thanks in advance for the help.

1 reply

Hi Gretsch,

Did this work for you? I've just done the same and moved users into a different OU. SysAid deleted all of the users previously imported and now isn't re-importing them even when the new User Root OU is specified.

I now get the following LDAP error for each Root:

2020-01-14 13:05:34,874 Thread-1008 ERROR [domainname] [SysAid RDS] ldap.discovery.service: - Error while try to create com.ilient.server.PagedEnumaration.
javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: [LDAP: error code 32 - 0000208D: NameErr: DSID-03100241, problem 2001 (NO_OBJECT), data 0, best match of:
'DC=domainname,DC=local'
]; remaining name 'OU=Users,DC=domainname,DC=local'
at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.mapErrorCode(LdapCtx.java:3179)
at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(LdapCtx.java:3100)
at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(LdapCtx.java:2891)
at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.searchAux(LdapCtx.java:1846)
at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.c_search(LdapCtx.java:1769)
at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.c_search(LdapCtx.java:1786)
at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.ComponentDirContext.p_search(ComponentDirContext.java:418)
at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.PartialCompositeDirContext.search(PartialCompositeDirContext.java:396)
at javax.naming.directory.InitialDirContext.search(InitialDirContext.java:297)
at com.rds.ldap.i.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.rds.ldap.RdsIdentityService.getPagedEnumaration(Unknown Source)
at com.rds.ldap.RdsIdentityService.ldapGetData(Unknown Source)
at com.rds.ldap.RdsIdentityService.getItemsToList(Unknown Source)
at com.rds.ldap.RdsIdentityService.getUsersForPrimaryGroupID$10be0d4b(Unknown Source)
at com.rds.ldap.f.a(Unknown Source)
at com.rds.ldap.f.run(Unknown Source)