Supervised Tickets - Where is user data pulled from?

A supervisor in my organization noticed that he sees all the tickets for people in his department, including his own bosses. I checked our AD, and he only has six direct reports listed. It begs the question, where is SysAid pulling the information about who is under his supervision during an LDAP sync? Can it be configured t only show his direct reports under Supervised Tickets in the Self-Service Portal?

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

3 replies

I think if you identify the user as a supervisor in SysAid, it will then show that user tickets for all users with the same department in SysAid/AD, regardless of AD organizational structure. I could be wrong though.
GSessine
I think if you identify the user as a supervisor in SysAid, it will then show that user tickets for all users with the same department in SysAid/AD, regardless of AD organizational structure. I could be wrong though.

That's what I thought as well, but I just received this from a user:

"I looked in Sysaid and even searching through the filter, I cannot find the people in my group and any ticket they create."

The people he is looking for are all in the same department.
Ah, I see. I don't think it will give them access to those tickets from the admin portal. It would just display them from the SSP -> My Activities -> Supervised Requests. During our implementation, we asked if making someone a supervisor would impact the admin portal at all, and the response was no.