Sharing the Love

Hello! Hi! Introduction time :)

Hello! Hi! Introduction time :)
Userlevel 5
Badge

Sometime it feels like it’s you against the world? The pour of tickets? The avalanche of issues to handle immediately?

Well you don’t have to be alone in this there are many SysMates here waiting to get to know you, talk shop, share collaborate and elevate your game. Together. 

Let’s take the first step, tell us a bit about you, In the comments :) 

26 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi!

Yes I know it’s cheesey to be the first to reply to my own post, oh well I will survive 💃🏽

Excited to get to know you all out there in the WWW, I am Maayan I joined SysAid last year and been working on rebuilding this beautiful community for a while now :) 

• My super power - Excel, Gsheets, Data cleanups and everything in between 😎
  • What would you like to learn more about? Every question you ask sends me to research another capability of SysAid so continue to challenge me please. There is so much more I want to find out about. 

Feel free to tag me, DM me and chat ​​​​​​​on anything and everything community, IT and SysAid. 

Done - ticket closed - who’s next? 

Cheers,

Maayan

Userlevel 2

Hi everyone,

I’m Erik and I head product marketing at SysAid. I’ve been at here for about 1.5 years and enjoy the fact that I continue to learn new things and meet new people. And now we have a new platform that will help me learn even more and meet you... I am thrilled that we arrived at this day!

I’m originally from Detroit, I went to school at the University of Iowa and I’ve been living (on and off) in Israel for about 20 years. I am the proud father of three and enjoy current affairs, history, music and sports.  

Good luck to all of us, as this is OUR community!

Erik

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hello and good morning,
I come from the time of the dawn of information technology!
I founded my first company in 1990 and the second company in 1999!
In the course of time from hardware and software sales, we have specialized in the area of ​​software in the company. Early, close partnerships with today's big IT giants allowed us to develop further and maintain close friendships up to the CEO level.

Personal, cosmopolitan contact with partners and customers has always been a priority for me. So I joined SysAid in 2010 when I was looking for a product that would make my life easier to see and work through my daily tasks.

Over the years I've noticed the pot of gold I've found at SysAid. Friendly success-oriented employees with a head like Oded Moshe who developed the product further and managed to implement the Logig into the software based on the needs of the community. In short, I couldn't imagine any other product today to make my daily work easier.

What makes me a little sad is that far too much is being tried to automate the product with products from third-party manufacturers and the community is more of a knowledge database than a community. I hope that the new community will animate at least some of the members to participate. In the new community, I don't have an overview of contributions from all over the world, like the support staff from SysAid used to, who participated in a solution here. Just a big family!
The posts for the past beta tests are completely missing, or I'm not able to find them by year or version.

There used to be country flags for each person, with the help of which one could see how the way of working and thinking of our daily tasks with the product were changing or required in the individual countries. Again, this is no longer the case.

Well, I'm still in the job for a few more years and I hope to see how things change for the better and it becomes a community like before again ;-)

Regards
your Karlson

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @Karlson !

Thank you for giving a peak into you IT journey!  And super appreciate the kind word about your work with SysAid, as a relatively new SysAider (coming on 1 year) I can absolutely agree about the pot of gold you have found. 

Regarding the concerns you raised I want to address them: 

1. The vision for our community - SysAid is investing heavily in the community, starting with hiring me, migrating the community to a new and more friendly interface and we are now working on growing the activity and engagement on a few different avenues (did you see SMART 2022 is coming up?). Yes currently it’s very tech support orientated because that’s what we see SysMates asking for but we hope with your support and others we can bring real IT discussions to the floor. 
  2. Posts in the pathfinders/beta group - it’s true currently they are hidden as we are thinking how best to build it in the new community. No post is lost and if you are looking for something specific will be more than happy to find it for you. Pathfinders will be coming back, bigger, and better for you and other to participate in On-prem releases as well as product feedback on new features rolling out. Your voice is important to us and we want to share more with you and others. 
  3. Seeing where other SysMates are from - in each user profile there is a section where they can share a bit themselves including where they are from, but it depends if they choose to fill it out or not. For example mine is below :) 

If you have a topic in mind that you would love to hear other opinion please do start the conversation and I will do my best to spot light it for other to come and join too!

Thanks for being such a great partner to SysAid through out the years and to many more!

Cheers, 

Badge +1

Hello everyone!  I'm here from the SysAid SMART conference being held today.  My name is Jesse James and I’ve been in IT for over 20 years.  I’ve been using SysAid for going on 6 years now.  The platform has come a long way and I look forward to seeing how SysAid continues to evolve in the future.

I hope to win the prize from the conference and I just want to say thank you SysAid for providing interesting and captivating information during your conference.  The intro with Mathew Luhn was a great way to get started.

Thank you!

Badge

Hello :) 

My name is Heather Cox - my story is a long winding road.  I started college courses after high school to become a Legal Secretary.  However, I had decided that legal work would be too stressful and time consuming so instead I became an Engineering Secretary.  I worked for a few years for INDOT Engineering Department then for a local HVAC Company Engineering Dept.  It was at this job computers became more widespread and I began helping those I seen struggling with their issues.  Then I started building computers and setting them up for users.  Before long I was offered the job of Director of Information Systems.  I worked there for 20 years 3 in Engineering and 17 in IT.  

I desired more challenges and opportunities to grow so I ended up looking for a job and beginning to work for Rieke.  I started in First Level Support but quickly moved up to Infrastructure (although I still am doing the FLS job as well lol).  I have worked for Rieke for 8 years already.  

I enjoy working for Rieke and would love to learn how to use Sysaid to make things better for our workers.🙂

Badge

Hello Everyone,

My name is Dan Blystone and I’m an IT Analyst at a small, rural, and independent hospital in Bellevue, Ohio. I’ve worked in IT for 15+ years in various different roles, starting in helpdesk and then becoming and IT Manager at a very young age. After getting married and having 2 children, I decided I wanted to take a step back and enjoy watching my children grow. I moved into and Analyst role at TBH allowing me to do so. I thoroughly enjoy leadership and plan on returning to a leadership role when life allows it.

Outside of being a tech nerd, I enjoy collecting sports cards, wood burning, reading leadership content, and spending time with my family. My wife (Jenny) and I have two children, Owen (8) and Kyra (7). We reside in the small village of Monroeville, OH. How small? We have 2 stoplights. Small in stature, big in heart!

-Dan

Badge

Hi everyone - I’m Stuart. A former SysAid customer but still, and always, a fan. I’m listening in to the conference to keep up to date with what my friends in SysAid are up to. Always fun catching up with you guys, and it was great to see you at SITS 2022.

I used to administer the ITSM tool at my former employers, and was very close to joining SysAid earlier this year - I’ve still got my eyes on becoming a SysAider one day!

Badge +1

Hi All,

My name is Peter and the IT Configuration Analyst, Service Catalog manager and Knowledge Manger for the current company I work in. I have been using SysAid since 2018, though I have been fighting the support team all the time, it has been a great experience working with them all. Shout to Idan and Vlad!!!

Badge

Hi, I’m Louis, the IT Service Delivery Manager at Norm Reeves, an automotive dealership group.  I’ve been working for this company for 17 years, and in IT for 30 years.  We’ve been a SysAid customer for over 4 years now and are looking at new ways to provide a better, automated customer experience.  Excited to learn new things over the next 2 days!

Badge

Hi Everyone,
Exited to what SysAid has new in store for us.

Edward Fowler, ICT Support Lead at the Aruba Tax Department. We support from VOIP, Desktops, MFPs, Queue Management at multiple locations on the island to a total of 250 users/desktops.

Badge

Hello SysAid Community!

I am a user known as, Brandon!

I’ve only recently started my career in IT having graduated from a local Technical College providing an Information and Networking Technology program. I currently hold a position at a College of Veterinary Medicine that has an on-site veterinary clinic, which I’m sure you can imagine, has may different interfaces and levels of user understanding. 

We are actually in process of standardizing our user interfaces regarding IT, which has led us into updating our implementation of SysAid and in turn brought me here! 

I have enjoyed the SMART 22 conference so far and hope to learn more!

Badge

Great to be part of this awesome community 

Badge

Hello SysAid Community

I am Nathan Gleed, and I work for the City of St George Utah (South west corner of Utah).  The City of St George has just started using SysAid in July, and we’re happy to be here.  We have all kinds of ideas on how we can implement SysAid in our Government body, to improve and better focus not just IT things, but other business practices as well.

SMART 22 has been great so far!

Badge

Hello Everyone! 

My name is Josh Tolliver and I am the Director of IT Service Delivery at Centra Credit Union. We have been utilizing SysAid as our ITSM tool since 2020. Looking forward to learning new things and seeing how the product advances during the upcoming months - years. Enjoyed SMART21 and looking forward to another great virtual conference in 2022.

Badge

Good afternoon. Dave Share here Business Analyst from Capital Tao based in New York. Enjoying the conference so far. Looking to hear new trends and advances.

Badge

Hi Everyone

My name is Stephanie Simpson.  I am the IT Service Desk Manager with Learning Tree International, Inc. based out of Herndon, VA (HQ).  I am enjoying the conference.  First time attendee.

Badge

Hello everyone
I am Edgar Velazquez from the company VerticalKnits, I am an IT operations manager and I am dedicated to providing value of IT services to the company through my valuable team of collaborators and invaluable systems such as SysAid, SAP and my own developments.
We have created an ecosystem of indicators all based on SysAid where it has become the backbone of IT: our response, quality, availability and risk indicators are a fundamental part.
Additionally, I would like to tell you that I have been working with SysAid for nearly 10 years, so I have learned to configure the system and advise other companies in Mexico that want to use or already use SysAid.
I'm here to help!

Badge

Hi everyone...

I'm Jorge Cueto from the company Gerdau Diaco on Bogotá, COL. I am IT Engineer working on SysAid Implementation since august 2021. I have been working closely with the support team in the implementation and configuration of SysAid features and integrations for the company. It has been a great experience working with them all. 

#SysAidSMART2022 has been great so far!

Badge

Hi everyone,

My name is Suzette and I am the IT Manager at Gratz College. Gratz College offers online education. We have enrolled students from 36 states and 6 countries. Gratz College offers training programs for educators and communal professionals in the Jewish and secular communities. Over the last 20 years, Gratz expanded its offerings to include a broad array of credentials and programs, including a PhD and EdD, masters’ level programs, BA completion programs, and graduate and undergraduate certificates.

I am happy to have been part of Gratz’s journey since 2007. Thank you SysAid for making the journey easier for our IT team and end-users!

Badge +1

Hello everyone! 

My name is Amber and I am a system administrator for my company, Security National. We have many financial divisions, mortgages, life insurance, and mortuary services. I have worked for this company for nearly 7 years and we have grown a lot in terms of ITSM and IT solutions.

I am happy to be apart of the growing process and learning new technologies that get our end-users what they need faster and smoother. 

Badge +1

Hello,

I am Robert Ladd from Louisville Kentucky.  My super power is everything SysAid.

Badge

Hello guys!
Accept a newcomer to your company. I study new technologies in live communication, so I will have a lot of questions!
I hope you support me!

Badge +1

Oh hi there my fellow SysMates! 

My name is Joe, but you probably all know me as Joe the IT guy

I’ve been working in IT and writing blogs since 2013. People seem to keep reading, so I keep on writing, closing in on almost 10 years now!

What do I write about? Sure, the name might’ve given it away - the IT industry. Everything that is new, everything that excites me, anything I find that might be helpful to my Sysadmin brethren.

I try to provide unbiased reviews and in-depth technical advice when possible, and I’d love to hear my readers' feedback!

So in case you haven’t already, please check out my latest blog on XLA’s and let me know.

Joe 

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hello everyone!👋

My name is Elena, and I'm thrilled to be the new Product Marketing Manager at SysAid! With eight years of experience in SaaS marketing, my passion lies in customer communication. As part of my role, I'll be managing this community, and I'm excited to collaborate with all of you to create an engaging and informative platform.

I hope this community will be a space for growth, exchange of ideas, and fun. I can't wait to see what we can achieve together! Let's rock!🤘