Guidance with the REST API and c#

• 30 May 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi everyone,

I’m newbie to the SysAid and SysAid api and i need a guidance on how can i find a user by email and phone number or any other field?

If i find him, how can i open a new ticket on his name?

How can I update the ticket information (Description, solution, status and etc.)?

My implementation will be using c#, currently i was able to do a login and with the cookie preform simple query for all user or user search by sending request to /v1/users/search?query=mySearchQuery&fields=display_name,email_address,secondary_email,first_name,last_name,cell_phone,phone but it didn’t help me to much as i wasn’t able to find what i was looking for.

my SysAid is on-prem

Looking forward to your help and reply.

Thanks.

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @runi-dev

Welcome to SysAid! 

Please review the following guides and let us know if you still need our assistance. 

Database guide» https://documentation.sysaid.com/docs/database-guide?highlight=database%20guide

Documentation guide» https://documentation.sysaid.com/docs/rest-api-guide?highlight=api%20guide

If you still encounter an issue please provide us with a screenshot of your postman request and the response you receive. 

Have a good one! 

Hi @SysAid Team,

First of all thank you for your reply.

I have been looking on the api documentation but i could mot found how do i search for a user by specific field value like by his phone number, can you refer me on how do i do it?

Regarding getting all the user request aka api/v1/users is there any default limitation to the amount of records return or a default filtering that limits the number of records return?

As for the database guide, do you suggest working directly with the SysAid Database instead of the REST API?

Looking forward to your reply.

Thank You.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @runi-dev

Regarding an example on how to retrieve it, we’ll check it internally. 

As for limitation, there’s a limit of 500 records. 

We’ll get back to you as soon as we can. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @runi-dev

We’ve checked internally and for now it just doesn’t seem that it would be possible. 

It is, however, a great idea and I will bring it up for a vote among our other SysMates. 

Thank you!