How many hours a day do you spend on a computer?

Poll
How many hours a day do you spend on a computer?
0-5 hours 0% [ 0 ]
5-10 hours 39% [ 43 ]
10-15 hours 50% [ 54 ]
15+ hours 11% [ 12 ]
Total Votes: 109

Author
SysAid Marketing

No longer that bulky old Macintosh in the corner of the room, computers have trimmed down, lost weight, molded shape, size and even color to fit into every corner of our lives. PC by day, iphone by commute, laptop by night... for some, sleep is the only time of the day to really 'unplug'. Between working in IT, surfing the net, email, Skype, Facebook and more, have you ever stopped and wondered how many hours of your day are spent in front of the screen?
SysAid Wiz

So glad the poll is not about how much hours I spend on the internet...
*wicked smile*
Elite SysAider

Sue wrote:No longer that bulky old Macintosh in the corner of the room...

Hey, I still have one of those bulky old Macintoshes (well not quite the original 128k mac, but a PowerMac 6100) ... running OS8 (it was so colorfull, not that AUX style), still working, just for show and mostly tell. Wondering how much could have been done only with 8MB of RAM and a 120MB HDD. Those were the times my friends ... And still got a working MessagePad 110...

But speaking about sentimentality, still thinking back to my C64 times... *sigh*

ok, back to work now...
SysAid CEO

EbroIN wrote:
But speaking about sentimentality, still thinking back to my C64 times... *sigh*

Don't even get me started on my C64 !
That was my first love - I don't think I ever got over it...
I spent so much time programming and playing on this computer

I downloaded an emulator few years ago but without that bulky tape - it's not the same
I probably still have it at my parents garage - maybe it's time for a visit to show my kids how computers should look like
Sue
SysAid Marketing

EbroIN wrote: Wondering how much could have been done only with 8MB of RAM and a 120MB HDD.

Haha, my USB key could pack more of a punch than that!

But here's something for you old timers anyhow…

Super SysAider

hhhmmm, I was looking for a 24hrs+ option but seems you guys don't count on the fact IT Support must have more hours in the day then mere mortals lol

SysAid Mod

Don't knock the C64. I started with a Atari 1200. The tape did take a while, but hey we had fun with them!!!
SysAider

Sue wrote:No longer that bulky old Macintosh in the corner of the room, computers have trimmed down, lost weight, molded shape, size and even color to fit into every corner of our lives. PC by day, iphone by commute, laptop by night... for some, sleep is the only time of the day to really 'unplug'. Between working in IT, surfing the net, email, Skype, Facebook and more, have you ever stopped and wondered how many hours of your day are spent in front of the screen?
SysAider

Talking about old equipment...
We still have our first 20MB HD. We converted it into a clock. Has the numbers on the platters. It sits on the mantle above the fireplace at my moms house. I still remember them telling us there was NO WAY we would EVER fill a 20MB drive.

Ahhh, the days of the "turbo" button. Anyone still have any 8" floppies laying around?
avc
SysAider

I started in 1974 with the Altair kit my father purchased. 2 MHz. Had to enter a little program in binary via the front switches to tell it to read from the cassette tape.

Now? A Mac Pro with 2 dual core 2.66 GHz and 7 gigs (so far) of ram.