SysAid 9.1 MSI Agent issues

Author

I'm having an issue with all SysAid agents since my upgrade from 9.0 to 9.1. I've always used MSI deployment and had no issues up until now.

Since the install about three weeks ago, all the agents randomly stopped reporting back to the server and are always showing as being offline. I had SysAid support have a look but it turns out that the MSI file doesn't install properly. Even though its listed in Add/Remove Programs, it doesn't install in the Program Files directory, nor is there any registry entries.

I tried to redeploy it using a newer version of the MSI but still have the same result. This is happening to new PCs which are joining the domain as well as ones that are still on here.

The agent deploys ok using the discovery service however this isn't suitable for our network. Is there an updated MSI file?
SysAider

kielbasa wrote:I'm having an issue with all SysAid agents since my upgrade from 9.0 to 9.1. I've always used MSI deployment and had no issues up until now.

Since the install about three weeks ago, all the agents randomly stopped reporting back to the server and are always showing as being offline. I had SysAid support have a look but it turns out that the MSI file doesn't install properly. Even though its listed in Add/Remove Programs, it doesn't install in the Program Files directory, nor is there any registry entries.

I tried to redeploy it using a newer version of the MSI but still have the same result. This is happening to new PCs which are joining the domain as well as ones that are still on here.

The agent deploys ok using the discovery service however this isn't suitable for our network. Is there an updated MSI file?

Same here - always used the sysaidagent.exe until now - it does not allow redeploys
There is no registry. The config is in xml files in program files.
SysAider

Can anybody from SysAid confirm as to whether this is a known issue and being looked at? We rely heavily on all workstations reporting back to the server.
Super SysAider

Hi kielbasa.

We are not familiar with this problem which you and deChrLam are experiencing with the new MSI.
We would like to investigate this over a remote control session if possible.

Can you please send an email to support@sysaid.com to log a Service Request so that we may begin the process of scheduling a remote session and investigating the problems you have encountered?

Please make reference to this post here in the community in your Service Request.
[https://www.sysaid.com/Sysforums/posts/list/10061.page]

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you.
Elite SysAider

SysAider

Any progress with this? The new MSIs still don't work, and scripted deployments are a bit of a hit and miss. Can we revert back to an older version of the agent which can be deployed to all machines?
SysAid CEO

Hello all
Good news MSI is available we will post it tomorrow.
Sarah
SysAider

Just checked my Settings -> Network Discovery > Downloads and the "Download a SysAid MSI deploy package" is still a bad link for me.
SysAider

@sarah: whats up with the msi-files?
Elite SysAider

Apparently a SysAid is making no attempts to fix problems with 9.1 and are claiming all the issues will be fixed with version 14.1. Unfortunately they are dragging there feet with the release of version 14.1.

SysAid staffers have basically gone silent in the Beta forums, and they claimed that a release candidate would be released by now, but nothing.

This is getting beyond ridiculous.

SysAider

The MSI 14.1 is not useable. The same error! It is extremely annoying and bugging me! We┬┤re paying for that features and nothing happens! No answer!
SysAider

Hi,

we just got a Remote Session with the Sysaid-Support and the MSI-Problem fixed!

SysAid CEO

Hello All,

A few tips for using our MSI.

In order to successfully install SysAid MSI using GPO we recommend enabling the following options:
Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components> Window Installer > Always install with elevated privileges
Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Logon > Always wait for the network at computer startup and logon
Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Group Policy > Software Installation policy processing (check "Allow processing across a slow network connection")
User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Installer > Always Install with elevated privileges

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for all of you.

Thanks
Sarah
SysAider

With the MSI of 9.1 there is another Problem. The Group Policy works, but the installer stops and no service was installed. With the newest 14.1 it works like a charm!