Services not found in list

Author

I want to monitor a specific service on a server, but I can not found the service in the list.

I have this problem for multiple different services of different servers.
Does anyone have experience the same problem ?
Was it resolved ?
Is there a way to manually update the list ?

PS: I have upgraded to version 15.2 (on-premise), but the problem is still present.
I also updated the SysAid agent to version 15.2.05.101
SysAid Product Manager Community Manager

Hi,

There is an open bug for this issue (#16809), which fails to refresh the list of services on the asset. Meaning that when a new service appears on the machine, it will never get added to the monitoring list. A workaround for this is to remove the asset and add it again.

Let me know if this workaround works for you.

Thanks,
Danny
SysAider

Hello Danny,

The service(s) that does not appear on the list was not installed after the asset was added, but was installed long before that. So it seems not to be related to the bug you mentioned.

Is there another possible cause ?
Is there a way to manually add the service ?

I noticed that there also processes not in the list (Lotus sametime).

Kind Regards,

Rudi
SysAid Product Manager Community Manager

As far as I'm aware, this is the only bug currently present in the system that can result in this outcome. This is actually a split bug, and #15626 exists with the same issue for Processes. Try doing the following:

1. Stop the SysAid Agent service on the affected machine.
2. Edit \Program Files\SysAid\Configuration\AgentConfigurationFile.xml - inside the <FirstTime> tag, change "N" to "Y" and save the file.
3. Delete the asset from your asset list.
4. Start the SysAid Agent service on the machine, and let it update the asset list.

Afterwards, please check if the issue is resolved.

Thanks,
Danny
SysAider

Hi Danny,

This seems to resolve the issue for me (tried it on 2 Servers and I could find the service / process I wanted now).

Thx for your support !

Kind Regards,

Rudi