Road Map's of Future Sysaid Releases

Author

I am also a Cloud customer and I would be very interested in knowing what the road map is going forward.

I am not sure what the process is there on how features get planned out, but it would be nice to maybe have some time line by quarter if possible for the next 12 months of any items that are planned. Obviously things that are in the current quarter would have more planning and would be more firm, and things that are further out would be planned features/updates that may be subject to change. It may be a bit of a different way to look at things for you guys, but by doing this, it would allow us to see at a glance what SysAid is working on in the short term and where they are heading towards long term.

A good example of this would be in the MDM space. SysAid has a MDM platform, but I think it really could use a lot more features, before I could really consider using it for our 300+ cell phones. If I see that SysAid is planning on making improvements in this area, then I may wait for those to roll out, or I may even send over a wish list of items that I feel would be valuable because I see it is on the road map in 6 months. If I look and see it is nowhere to be found and I need MDM quickly, then I know I need to be looking elsewhere for it.

I really like the SysAid platform and I really look forward to seeing how it grows and improves.

Take care,

Tim
Super SysAider

Sysaid has gone quiet on this topic, i'm hoping it's because they are working on a solution
SysAid VP Marketing

Hi NMUK,

You can now find this information here.

Hopefully this covers everything you were looking for (it is an exceptionally long post!).

Best wishes,

Sophie
SysAid VP Marketing

TimB wrote:I am also a Cloud customer and I would be very interested in knowing what the road map is going forward.

I am not sure what the process is there on how features get planned out, but it would be nice to maybe have some time line by quarter if possible for the next 12 months of any items that are planned. Obviously things that are in the current quarter would have more planning and would be more firm, and things that are further out would be planned features/updates that may be subject to change. It may be a bit of a different way to look at things for you guys, but by doing this, it would allow us to see at a glance what SysAid is working on in the short term and where they are heading towards long term.

A good example of this would be in the MDM space. SysAid has a MDM platform, but I think it really could use a lot more features, before I could really consider using it for our 300+ cell phones. If I see that SysAid is planning on making improvements in this area, then I may wait for those to roll out, or I may even send over a wish list of items that I feel would be valuable because I see it is on the road map in 6 months. If I look and see it is nowhere to be found and I need MDM quickly, then I know I need to be looking elsewhere for it.

I really like the SysAid platform and I really look forward to seeing how it grows and improves.

Take care,

Tim

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your response. First of all, please see here for the pending roadmap. It focuses in on the On Premise release, but all Cloud Customers receive any new features/functionality/fixes ahead of that release, so it's all relevant to you as well (as your releases are fortnightly). So anything on this list you either already have, or will soon.

There is also a section dedicated to plans/roadmap for 2016. This is for both Cloud and On Premise customers.

For short-term plans for Cloud customers, we're currently working on building a notification system into the product that would provide you with this sort of information. As you receive releases fortnightly, we decided that this might be the most useful yet non intrusive way of letting you know what is happening (save us spamming you with email every 2 weeks for example). Let me know if you had something else in mind. All customers will still receive the option to opt into email notifications as well.

Re MDM. This isn't currently confirmed as a focus for 2016, however, as per the post, just because something isn't on there right now doesn't mean it's not in the works or is going to be ignored. We've simply tried to only post plans that are the most close to 'set in stone', as we don't want to make promises that we can't keep. As a starting point, I will raise what you have said with our Product team internally. That said, I also recommend that you discuss your specific needs 1:1 with your Account Manager as it may be that there is an option related to Professional Services that could easily provide you with what you are looking for, as opposed to waiting for something to be officially released.

Please let me know if you have any further comments and/or suggestions.

Kind regards,

Sophie