Can 3rd party software trigger case/email on sysaid?

Author

Oh probably it is not available. Ok i'll try other ways...Thanks
SysAider

One question, is it really bad to use your own company email address? Because when I installed the sysaid free edition using my personal email, I received the test email unlike when I used the yahoo address.
SysAid Wiz

Bad idea to use you personal email set up something like helpdesk@mycompany.com

One idea to throw at you. if you have a specific piece of software then what you can do is set up an email account on your own domain for it eg word@mycomapny.com

Then in the email integration tab you can add another mail box ie the word@mycompany.com
Then you can set it when it comes in to have the right categories on it and route it automatically to the admin who deals with that
SysAid Wiz

Use your company's address... but don't user YOUR address... got it ?

James@yourcompany.com is not good for james. Especially if James is one of the admin.
Create something@yourcompany.com which has no user (or dummy user) for integration.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul. 03, 2008 03:32 AM

SysAid Wiz

Now you see the way I read that was you wanted to use jonathan@mycompany.ie and not helpdesk@mycompany.ie

To clarify both our thoughts

Definatly use helpdesk@mycompany.ie support@mycompany.ie ict@mycompany.ie or what ever flavour you choose, for the main email on sysaid

But do not use your personal company email ie jonathan@mycompany.ie
SysAider

Thanks guys, appreciate it...Ok I'll ask for a bogus email account from my company...
SysAider

Me again..I'm stucked right now...

I already have a bogus mail account and I set it up on the integration setting using IMAP. However, when I send a test mail on that mailbox, no case is still generated from sysaid.Im currently using the free edition. Have you tried this with the free edition? Thanks!
SysAid Wiz

Forgot to mention this...

SysAid only can retrieve mail via POP3.
If your internal mail system is native outlook-exchange it will NOT work. You have to activate POP3 on exchange.

And yesss... it will work even in free edition.
SysAider

Hi Obelix, thanks a lot for your help. I was able to use gmail. But the tricky part is sysaid only accepts a password with maximum of 8 characters.
SysAid Wiz

Are you sure ?
Mine is longer than that and work.
Unless they truncate it.
Will need ilinet to confirm this...
SysAider

I think it was truncated that is why I changed my gmail password to 8 characters
SysAider

I had to restart the Sysaid Server service after I made the changes to the integration to get it working. I haven't seen that mentioned in any of the forums so I thought I'd throw it out there.
SysAid Wiz

Perhaps the "known issue" forum would be a more appropriate place. And don't forget to mention your platform.
Thanks for sharing.

and greetings by the way
*slight nod smile*
SysAider

HI all,

My sysaid can receive email.
But when i try to use the builtin message system , the test user are unable to receive any email.

I am using gmail as imap and smtp server.