New Problem - Assign to

Author

Hi,

We have an issue with changing Assigned to field.

Our administrator(with sysaid permissions) user create new problem through administrator view (default advanced) with workflow tab Identify And Analyze with Resource and Assessment. There is field Assigned to and he is not able to change the person of Assigned to.

If we repeat upper steps as a sysaid administrator then it is possible to change the Assigned to user.

We don't won't that there is default user assigned and also not the creator of problem to be assigned!
SysAid Product Manager Community Manager

Hi goblin,

Please check the permissions of the first admin - is any of the following permissions are disabled?
-Change Manager (Design Changes/Problems/Requests)
-Create Changes / Problems
-View other Admins' action items

Depending on the level of access you wish to grant him, you may want to raise it to allow the changing of the field.

Cheers,
Danny
SysAider

Hi,

We grant to our administrator following permission

SysAid administrator (SysAid Administrators automatically have all the permissions)
and it doesn't work we also put ticks manually if that might be the reason.

What do you mean by first ADMIN? First in a list?

Thanks

Can you please clarify -- perhaps I understood incorrectly -- you were describing two users in your post?

I mean the user involved in this: "Our administrator(with sysaid permissions) user", which cannot change the Assigned To field. Or is it a SysAid Administrator?

Cheers,
Danny
SysAider

Two users
First user: user > Administrator > with sysaid permissions
Second user: sysaid-administrator

Who can change Assigned to?
What is the purpose of adding sysaid permissions to the administrator if he can't act as sysaid-administrator?

How can you change person in workflow tab on the fly. I mean I know I can change it as sysaid-adminitrator.

The first user - what do you mean by "sysaid permissions"? Does he also have full SysAid Administrator permissions, or something else? My initial suggestion was regarding this user - to check whether the mentioned permissions are checked for him.

Cheers,
Danny
SysAider

Hi,

I meand sysaid's permissions. The same permissions as SysAid administrator has).

I attached an image.

In this case he should be able to change the Assigned To status and have all the permissions as the second admin.

Can you edit the account of the problematic admin to add any change, Apply it, and send me the SysAid logs?

To download the logs you can either:
Click on your profile on the top-right of the SysAid screen > About, and in the popup window that opens click on "Download Log File".

If the above doesn't work, please collect following folders/files manually:
...\SysAidServer\root\WEB-INF\logs (entire folder, zipped)
...\SysAidServer\logs (entire folder, zipped)
...\SysAidServer\tomcat\logs (entire folder, zipped)
...\SysAidServer\root\WEB-INF\conf\serverconf.xml
...\SysAidServer\root\WEB-INF\conf\sysaid.ver
...\SysAidServer\conf\wrapper.conf

Upload the zip file to a file-sharing service such as Google Drive or Dropbox and send me the shareable link by a private message.

Thanks,
Danny

There is this line in your log:
"2017-03-01 10:33:58,845 [Thread-2267] ERROR com.ilient - [redacted] Failed to get accountConf in UserInfoExecuter." which indicates a problem.

This will require assistance of our customer support team. Please contact them with all the information and logs you have provided me (and include the line above in the description of the problem as well).

Also, please update here once the issue is solved with the solution, if possible

Thanks,
Danny
SysAider

Hi,

We found the issue related to "Date type" field not visible and "Assigned to" can't be changed in the workflow tab.

We did clean install for test and repeat the issue with "Assigned to" and "Date field".

Procedure what we did:

Import LDAP users

Convert two of sys users imported from LDAP to administrator (sysaid) add all permissions as Sysaid administrator has.

Create new change as (administrator user) which has workflow tab with (date field) and assigned to in action item.

We can't change assigned to and date is represented as text field!!!

If we create user manually and convert it to the administrator and give him the exact the same permissions as two administrator users imported from LDAP have then we are able to change "Assigned to" and date.

Thanks, G