Email Rule

Author

I would like to set 2 different actions for the same email based on criteria.

I would like all emails to be set to a certain queue, status, categories except when a certain subject is seen. Those incoming emails need to trigger another action. How do I make this happen. I tried creating 2 different rules but that did not work. The all emails rule triggered but the if this subject did not.

So I assume i have to have it in the same rule but how do I do that i don't see the ability to do that for the same email within the same rule since i am setting them to different queues, categories and statuses.
SysAid Community Manager Product Team

Hi jspence,

Email Rules run sequentially one after another, so when you create them please make sure they run in the correct order - otherwise the newer rules will overwrite the older ones if the same criteria are met. You can select rules in the list and click on the "Move Rule Up/Down" in the action menu.

If you're still having trouble with the rules, can you please post a screenshot of the email rules list?

Thanks,
Danny
SysAider

Actually you can't change the order of email rules, only escalation rules. Also, it does not process 2 seperate emails rule. I had to use an escalation rule to make this happen.

As described in my previous post, you can change the order of the rules using the buttons I've mentioned. Let me know if for some reason you are unable to see the buttons.

Regarding the rule logic: information from SysAid Help page for Email Rules:

Order in which email rules are applied

SysAid applies email rules that match the incoming email in the order they appear on the list, from top to bottom. Example: If the first email rule sets the priority of the service record to High and the second email rule changes the priority to Highest, SysAid saves the service record's priority as Highest because it is the last rule applied to that service record.

What happens when email rules conflict with other rules?

SysAid gives priority to email rules over other types of rules in the event of a conflict. Example: There is a routing rule that assigns all printer related service records to administrator A. There is also an email rule to assign the category "Printer" to any service records generated from an email containing the word "printer" and to assign that service record to administrator B. An email with the subject "Third Floor Printer Out of Ink" generates a service record that is assigned to administrator B and SysAid ignores the routing rule that would assign the service record to Administrator A.
Cheers,
Danny

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar. 06, 2018 09:10 AM

SysAider

There are no buttons for email rules only Escalation Rules. We are in the Cloud if that makes a difference. See attached.

You need to select one or more rules first using the checkbox.
SysAider

See it now. So completely different interface between the two, Email and Escalation rules.