Help Getting a Patching Report

Author

Hi Everyone. First time poster. We had a very hard time getting our patching up and running. Multiple issues and problems. We were finally able to retire our previous patching product a month or two ago and just rely on SysAid for patching. I'm not the technical SME for SysAid, just the IT Director. I now need to produce reporting for how the patching has worked and am having a heck of a time. All I am looking for is A) How many patches were successfully deployed and B) how many are still needed. I would like much more than that but I'll settle for now, for just that. There are only about 5 reports within SysAid, and thus far none of them really provide that information. I must be doing something wrong because this seems like the most basic of patching statistics. Thank you.
SysAid Wiz

Good evening SMMBOP,

I have to admit I'm a little confused or I don't quite understand what you mean.

We have been using the patch management for years, but we have never needed a report. Everything we need can be found in the Asset -> Patch Management view.

From there we use four displays:
Missing
Approved
Failed
Installed

If we have a special asset to investigate, we can find all information in the asset data about what is installed.

Maybe we're talking past each other, then I would ask you to describe in more detail what you are looking for.

best regards
Karlson

SMMBOP wrote:Hi Everyone. First time poster. We had a very hard time getting our patching up and running. Multiple issues and problems. We were finally able to retire our previous patching product a month or two ago and just rely on SysAid for patching. I'm not the technical SME for SysAid, just the IT Director. I now need to produce reporting for how the patching has worked and am having a heck of a time. All I am looking for is A) How many patches were successfully deployed and B) how many are still needed. I would like much more than that but I'll settle for now, for just that. There are only about 5 reports within SysAid, and thus far none of them really provide that information. I must be doing something wrong because this seems like the most basic of patching statistics. Thank you.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul. 23, 2021 03:38 PM

SysAider

Hi Karlson. Thanks so much for your reply. That may very well be the way I need to go about getting the data. I'm not in charge of patching (others that work for me are). So I don't have access to the actual administration console. I do have access to the reporting however, so I had just assumed "there must be a report for this". If that information is available directly from console, then perhaps I need to just ask my team to pull that data for me. I was trying to self-serve and not bother them (they're quite busy as you can imagine).
SysAid Wiz

Hi SMMBOP,

I don't know your exact configuration! Obviously, it would be easy to give you permission

What is your standard method for the patch approval process?
Depending on the method, you could create a report for the service requests. You should at least check this before you start.

best
Karlson

SMMBOP wrote:Hi Karlson. Thanks so much for your reply. That may very well be the way I need to go about getting the data. I'm not in charge of patching (others that work for me are). So I don't have access to the actual administration console. I do have access to the reporting however, so I had just assumed "there must be a report for this". If that information is available directly from console, then perhaps I need to just ask my team to pull that data for me. I was trying to self-serve and not bother them (they're quite busy as you can imagine).