Submit Sysaid ticket using Perl API

Author

The API you're using (submitting an XML to create a new service request) cannot read information from SysAid. Instead, version 7.0 or above allow a new and improved API, which allows you to read/write/update/delete information from SysAid. This new API is available in SysAid Enterprise edition only.

To read more about it, please refer to https://www.sysaid.com/sysaid-API.htm

Thanks,
Joseph.
SysAider

Hi Joseph,

Do you have any example on how to use this API. I have read the link you forward but I can't figure it out. We would like to use SysAid API on our web site to list the users history, view active request and create new. Our web site is in PHP.

Thanks in advance.

Mathieu

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun. 03, 2011 01:39 PM

SysAid VP Customer Success

Mathieu,

May I ask why you were thinking on the API direction? I think it would be easier to integrate the SR history page from SysAid's end user portal into your website within an iFrame...
The link you'll need to put in the frame is https://server-name:8080/EndUserSRs.jsp?noframe=YES

You can setup SSO to automatically log the users in.

Would that work for you?

Joseph.
SysAider

Greetings Joseph,
We set up a Subversion server so every time a programmer commits a change, they must include a CR ticket number in the mandatory comments. If they do not, Subversion prevents the commit. We used perl for this and it is working.

But it just verifies that a number was written. I want to take it a step further by verifying in SysAid that the ticket number exists, in case a programmer mistakenly writes a non-existing ticket number. Can I use the perl API to verify this?

Regards,
Lester A. McGrath-Rosario
SysAid VP Customer Success

Hi Lester,

When the perl script posts the data to the servlet on SysAid, it doesn't get any response that indicates if it succeeded or not, or if the service request exists or not. Therefore, you cannot have the desired indication.
If you use the Enterprise edition of SysAid, you can discard the perl script and write something more sophisticated. You can write a piece of code that will connect to SysAid, pull the data for the entered number, maybe even verify that it is the correct one and only then perform the update back to the service request.

Joseph.
SysAider

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr. 28, 2017 05:36 PM

SysAider

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr. 28, 2017 05:36 PM

SysAider

Greetings to all.

I need your help, since I'm trying to raise several tickets through perl api, but the
custom fields have failed them to upload.

With the additional fields such as notes, solution or a resolution I have no problems, but with fields such as cust list1 and 2, cust int1 and 2, cust text1 and 2 I have not been able to load them by means of the Perl.

Will annex the file sysaid-agent-alert.pl, as well as what I have at the moment working.

Thanks and I hope its early help and comments.
sysaid-agent-alert.txt
SysAider

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr. 28, 2017 05:35 PM

SysAid Product Manager Community Manager

Hi Francisco,

We currently have an issue with attachments on the forum, so could you please upload the file to Google Drive/Dropbox/etc and share the link with me via private message?

Thanks,
Danny