Block /Allow incoming email from certain addresses

Author

Hi

I have searched the forum but could not find an answer to this....

I wish to allow a support call to be created from only selected (around 2) email addresses. I am sick of lazy users just sending an email meaning we have to set the categories etc... ourselves instead of logging a call correctly. I cannot block totally though this as certain people (CEO, Owner etc...) are allowed to be lazy

Can I do this? I would also like an auto reply to let them know a support call has NOT been created if poss.

Cheers
SysAid Wiz

first follow the advice mentioned here https://www.sysaid.com/Sysforums/posts/list/1278.page to stop users setting up the requests by email
Then add a second email integration account to sysaid and only reveal the new email address to those lazy people (cough: I mean Highly important beings at the top).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct. 30, 2009 05:48 AM

SysAid Wiz

On SysAid no.
But you can put rules on the incoming mailbox.
If you're using outlook-exchange take a closer look at "Rules and alerts" under "Tools" menu in outlook.
SysAider

I am ideally looking at using the existing email integration address. As I said, people at the top are extremely lazy and will either complain that I changed the address or forget and still email the old address before complaining about it. I also don't trust them not to tell anyone else about the new address.

The email integration address is from an exchange account but I can't use rules in Outlook as that would require the user account to be logged in permanently.

Is there not a way to set a sysaid rule up that allows from specified addresses and rejects from any other with an auto reply?

Hopeful
SysAid Wiz

liam888,

At the moment, you can only block emails with certain phrases in the subject, but not per email address.

If you want, you can open a feature request for this in the feature request forum at: https://www.sysaid.com/Sysforums/forums/show/101.page so it can be considered for future releases.

Regards.
Haim
Pushing IT forward
SysAider

Ok, will do thanks Haim

SysAider

Has this feature been added?
I need to block a specific user who is spamming our helpdesk email box.
Thanks,
Heidi